• In the Spotlight:

True workout ppl

Hi all. Long story short...I was underweight (real poor eating habits mainly) my doctor prescribed me some pills to increase my appetite they really worked. I feel good about myself I used to have low self esteem,didn't like what I saw in the mirror. I have gained almost 15lbs now the prob is that I have belly fat now. I had my last son by c section. I really think that had something to do w/it. (I hrd the doc cut or stretch the stomach muscles) anywhoo..my ? Is are there any1 out there with belly fat that did workout pertaining mostly to the stomach really work. I have to loose this belly. I'm 5 2 a small petite girl. I love my new thickness..but hate the belly fat...hheeellp

mymommasgirl

Asked by mymommasgirl at 12:23 AM on May. 22, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• If you don't have back problems when you do any kind of sit ups or crunches, I would suggest getting a balance ball and doing sit ups on that.. It eases the stress on the back somewhat and allows you to reach the upper and lower abdominals. Hope it helps. Don't forget to cut down on your carbs and load up more on protein.
    SMITxsM2

Answer by SMITxsM2 at 12:32 AM on May. 22, 2011

• The only true way to lose belly fat is to eat cleanly and to workout...you cannot target a specific area though- cardio and strength training together to blast fat off your body.
    mcginnisc

Answer by mcginnisc at 7:58 AM on May. 22, 2011

• Power 90 X is awesome and bike riding swimming and running work well oh and weights.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 10:12 AM on May. 22, 2011

• Contrary to popular belief, some people can indeed target areas to lose inches or flab, I've seen it done, but a good majority cannot. Crunches, yoga, and pilates are great for the abs but you also have to add in a bit of cardio for it to work properly. Since you do not want to lose weight, make sure you eat healthy, and take in the extra beneficial calories on the days you do cardio.
    lore_tex

Answer by lore_tex at 11:28 AM on May. 22, 2011

• Core work (doesn't always mean sit ups and crunches) Yoga and Pilates could be a great way to strengthen core and build up those muscles. Keep your diet clean even if you're not overweight. That will help with bloat and belly fat as well
    Mom_2_cuties

Answer by Mom_2_cuties at 2:18 PM on May. 22, 2011

• love p90x and ploymetrics exercises.
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 4:03 PM on May. 22, 2011

• You should be working out your whole body, and just be sure to include abs in that. That means cardio AND strength. You can't spot-lost fat, and you can do crunches all day every day with no results if there is fat covering your abs. You need to be exercising in order to get toned, and you should be doing total body work, not just abs. Good luck!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 1:27 AM on May. 23, 2011

• whats 90 X?
    mymommasgirl

Comment by mymommasgirl (original poster) at 1:08 PM on May. 23, 2011

• P90X is a Beachbody workout. It is a muscle building program that requires a pull up bar, weights, and you can use bands as well...
    PM me if you want more info.
    mcginnisc

Answer by mcginnisc at 9:49 PM on May. 23, 2011