How much do you pay a day for daycare?

Also do you have to pay for holidays and days you take off for being sick, etc.?

Asked by WildChild70 at 12:33 PM on Jun. 19, 2008 in General Parenting

• My sister pays $1,00 a month for her 7 month old....very expensive I think.

• With daycare centers, yes you will have to pay even though your child is not there. However, I have found that with in-home child care centers (owned privately) don't do that. I would check. My daycare provider does not charge for when my son is not there and also gives me a discount because I have referred other clients to her as well as that I have been there for going on 3 years now.

Answer by bramlettljb at 1:29 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• Oh & depending on where you live, I am sure there is a program that provides a tons of info on child care & how to select to meet your needs. In St. Clair & Macomb Co. (Michigan) we have the 4C & they provide referrals to licensed child care providers, information on how to choose child care, parenting worships and programs as well as referrals to other supportive agencies. 800.621.8661

Answer by bramlettljb at 1:30 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• We use an in-home daycare, and she charges $30/day. We also have to supply diapers, food, bottles, etc.

Answer by StarrMom2Xander at 1:46 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• I pay $185 for an inhome daycare. I pay for 10 days of her vacation. I pay anytime I don't take my daughter by my choice. I pay anytime my daughter is sick. This is all standard in my area.

Answer by e_copp at 5:08 PM on Jun. 19, 2008

• I pay 1,000 dollars a month for daycare. Even if my son is sick or they are closed for holidays. I dont know if this is standard for most daycares but I cant afford this anymore.

Answer by charlie22 at 12:39 PM on Oct. 13, 2008