is it ok

if i do not have sex on my actual ovulation days? i have been having sex for 5 days straight before ovulation and there is no way my SO will be back in town so that we can do it on my ovulation day which is today. he will not be back in town until Tuesday.
Also is there really something wrong with having sex everyday while TTC?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:34 PM on Dec. 7, 2008 in Trying to Conceive

• Sperm can live for 48 hours (maybe more) in your womb before fertilization, so you still got some swimmers in there, lol. Also, they say it's best to have sex every other day instead of every day, so that his body has time to regenerate his sperm supply, and thus have a higher concentration with each "deposit".
    mamapotter

Answer by mamapotter at 7:41 PM on Dec. 7, 2008

• When I was TTC my fertility doctor told me that men produce a whole new batch of sperm every 72 hrs. So having sex every three days may up your chances, but having sex everyday may lower the concentration of the sperm, but if your SO has super sperm and there are men out there with it. I would at least do it every other day. Good Luck!
    SandraBeth

Answer by SandraBeth at 10:51 PM on Dec. 7, 2008