How would you handle this?

I have a wonder husband in everyway the only down fall is that he is very jealous man.
How do you handle a jealous man?
Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:43 AM on May. 22, 2011 in Relationships

• this sounds stupid but it works in time... Do not talk to men do not look at men and do anything to prove or make him comfortable he will eventually realize you are his and get over it!! i have/had a jealous man!! been together for 8 yrs and going
    babygirl_18

Answer by babygirl_18 at 12:48 AM on May. 22, 2011

• when you see a guy that you happen to check out, tell your husband something about himself that is better (like "wow your eyes are soo much more sexier than that persons"), if you talk to a guy, tell him something that is better about HIS conversations, like ("that guy was sort of boring, I love how you talk with me about ____).

This way, you still can look, or talk to other guys, and hubby realizes your heart is with his and you boost his ego, so he is less likely to get selfconcious (which would otherwise lead to jealousy)
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 1:05 AM on May. 22, 2011

• be happy that he wants you it should make you feel good :)
    mamawilbur

Answer by mamawilbur at 1:34 AM on May. 22, 2011

• my man isnt jealous enough!! take it as partially a good thing. flattering even
    Liz4Life

Answer by Liz4Life at 2:17 AM on May. 22, 2011

• I disagree. I think jealousy is a form of insecurity, and it could get dangerous. There is nothing flattering about constantly having to explain why you are talking to someone, or looking somewhere, and I have seen it disintegrate into the worthless jealous guy calling the woman some very nasty names, and hurtful names because they are so insecure. I would say that if your guy is one of these guys you need to get out of there. You will never convince him, and you will lose your self respect if you start believing the garbage he spouts.
    Every time you get your hair cut, it will be "Oh, so you want to look good for the other guy, huh?" He will start critisizing the clothes you wear, and will hate for you to wear make up. Life is too short, leave his jealous ass.
    MamaAlice54

Answer by MamaAlice54 at 4:06 AM on May. 22, 2011

• My husband use to get jealous, but thats because he had reason to be jealous. I use to have a best friend, that I use to fool around with before I met my husband, but when I met my husband me and my friend were just friends, nothing more. My husband use to get really mad if I wanted to hang out with my friend alone, and I use to get pissed because I didn't understand the whole jealousy crap. Its not that he was jealous, my husband just reads people really well, and my best "friend" actually wanted to try and get me to cheat on my husband. I no longer speak to this friend because it disgusted me that he would do that. I still talk to my guy friends, but I never try to go hang out with them, especially alone , guys and girls shouldn't really be friends, I've come to realize.
    monstersmommy20

Answer by monstersmommy20 at 3:16 AM on May. 23, 2011