Tell me the truth! Are KIA'S (car) a good car? Why or Why not?

?? I heard they are cheap and made wrong.. we want to buy a fuel efficient car but we have 3 kids in 3 car seats still. we have a subaru tribeca b9 2006 sports. We cant get any car at the moment because they want $3k down, something we dont have now or any time soon.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:48 AM on May. 22, 2011 in Shopping

• My daughter had a KIA & loved it. The only time there was a problem was when any work needed done on it, it had to be done at a KIA dealership or a garage where they were willing to work on foreign cars. We live in a rural area, so many of us use mechanic shops & none around here will, willingly, work on any brand of foreign car. I'm sure it's very different in most other areas.
    Tweeby

Answer by Tweeby at 12:55 AM on May. 22, 2011

• My SO has a KIA and loves it. It gets great gas mileage and he's never had trouble with it.

Answer by admckenzie at 12:56 AM on May. 22, 2011

• Im actually embarressed to say that I actually drove a KIA minivan 5 yrs ago. It was a piece of shit. The sliding door on the minivan kept locking my my children in the vehicle. Needless to say.. I got rid of it and got a Mazda CX7 instead.
    myfamilymylife1

Answer by myfamilymylife1 at 12:57 AM on May. 22, 2011

• i agree with the last comment they aren't made too good
    alliep2011

Answer by alliep2011 at 1:04 AM on May. 22, 2011

• My Grandfather had one and it only had 50 thousand mikes on it and the transmission went out. He was not a man to drive hard so I would say no, but my son's Grandma has and loves it, but 3 car seats won't fit in hers.
    sweetangie79

Answer by sweetangie79 at 5:37 AM on May. 22, 2011

• I have a KIA Sorento; have had it for 7 years. Have NEVER had any problem with it. It has been one of the most reliable cars I have ever had. The gas mileage is great, the model I have has one of the safest crash ratings, has front and side impact airbags, which at the time was not standard. We live in a climate with harsh winters; there is not one piece of rust on it (it is garage kept but my other cars were garage kept too and they started rusting at this point). We've used for everything, it is our family's main car. I'll be holding on to it for at least 7 more years.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:15 AM on May. 22, 2011

• All the people I've know with kias' all have had major problems with them. I know a car dealer, who says he sells them, but would never drive one himself. Stay far away!!!
    Anonymous