why is it anyone elses business

why is it anyone else's business whether or not I am married? I am so tired of hearing oh your not married? Well you should be married. Maybe there is a reason I am not married maybe you don't know everything that goes on in everyone elses life

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:35 PM on Dec. 7, 2008 in Just for Fun

• I used to hate it when people would ask about my plans to have kids when I was first married. Those people just don't realize how hurtful such questions can be. There was a period of time when I was TRYING to get pregnant, and I almost burst into tears one Sunday when a well-meaning member of the congregation started teasing me about when I was going to start having kids. Some folks should just keep their opinions about what's "right" or "better" for MY life to themselves!

If you're happily not married, then you need to come up with some sort of "comeback" that will allow you to answer their question about your marital status and let them know it's not an appropriate topic for advice for you. Good luck!
    jburg2541

Answer by jburg2541 at 12:16 AM on Dec. 8, 2008

• well why do you care that other people care whether you are married or not ;)

you dont need to be married to be happy or in a relationship or having a child. :)

as long as you are happy it doesnt matter
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 7:37 PM on Dec. 7, 2008

• Well, you just announced it to the world and you wrote a post about it, so you must care somehow.
    Anonymous

• It's not anyone elses business. Try to ignore the rude comments and don't let them bug you.
    CookieMom108

Answer by CookieMom108 at 7:38 PM on Dec. 7, 2008

• It is just more common I guess. I am taking college classes right now and we did just learn that marriage actually improves health... just a tid bit of information I thought was interesting. Some people are happier single. It's your life, live it the way you are happiest and ignore people who presume to know what is best for you. Don't let them get under your skin.
    cat1622

Answer by cat1622 at 7:39 PM on Dec. 7, 2008

• Yea, why do you care? Especially if it's no one's business..
    Anonymous

• I wondered that too, just seeing all the posts today. I totally ignored them because it is none of their business. Thats the great thing about not having to answer every question.
    Anonymous

• some people just have nothing better to do with their lives then to criticize what everyone else does....there are even quite a few right here in this post who, instead of just answering the question, have to post snide comments just because you wanted to vent
    Anonymous

• Just curious, what argument do they give you as to why you should be married? Just because you have a child?
    QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 8:09 PM on Dec. 7, 2008

• I'm not married, and I have been happily "not married" to my SO for years. I think the biggest part of it is that we're not religious so we didn't have that pressure. Our families (for the most part) don't push the issue either.
    kabbot01

Answer by kabbot01 at 8:13 PM on Dec. 7, 2008