Waxing

Can you get a Brazilian or bikini wax while pregnant? Currently 6 weeks and work as a cosmetologist in a full se4rvice salon. Some of my clients are pregnant and my business partner said she would do a bikini wax on me if it is safe. I havent heard the risks ect.. about it and neither have any of my coworkers. THX :)

tawnbond

Asked by tawnbond at 1:12 AM on May. 22, 2011 in Pregnancy

• It is nothing that absorbs through the skin so why not. Later on the skin may be too tender to do..but at 6 weeks. Sure. I would.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 1:32 AM on May. 22, 2011

• I asked the lady that waxes me, and she said it's totally fine, ask your doctor next time you go in if you're really concerned.. Like GrnEyedGrandma said, your skin might be tender
    danichaos

Answer by danichaos at 3:31 AM on May. 22, 2011

• Yes with my last pregnancy I got my last waxing the day before being induced once you have the baby you'll have to wait a min of 6 weeks longer depending on how you heal good luck and congrats on the pregnancy

timbrikaylamom

Answer by timbrikaylamom at 8:15 AM on May. 22, 2011

• Thank you :)
    tawnbond

Comment by tawnbond (original poster) at 1:41 AM on May. 23, 2011