Paiting Kitchen Table

We got our kitchen table from a family friend and its all stained and colored on. I want to paint the table, I just dont know what color! Our dinning room is opened to the living room and its a smaller space. Our dinning/living room doesnt have the most sunlight and the walls are painted a light mocha color. SO what color should we paint our table? (At this moment, we dont have a real color scheme since everything was hand me downs, and we're saving money to buy a whole new living set.) Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:16 AM on May. 22, 2011 in Home & Garden

• Something you could consider doing if it's a wood table would be to strip it down, sand it, and either stain it and seal it or, if it's a pretty wood, simply seal it. That way, when you do decide what color scheme you want, it will be more likely to match than if it was painted :-)
    sailorwifenmom

Answer by sailorwifenmom at 3:28 AM on May. 22, 2011

• If you really want to paint, white is always good, it will bring light into the room, and goes with everything.
    elasmimi

Answer by elasmimi at 7:22 AM on May. 22, 2011

• I agree on stripping and sanding and staining it if you are up for it. A more natural wood finish always looks nice. Otherwise, why not paint it a fun color to add some pizazz to the house?
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 8:59 AM on May. 22, 2011

• I would go with a cream color since your walls are mocha
    Wish2Be

Answer by Wish2Be at 3:49 PM on May. 22, 2011

• If staining and sanding aren't an option I'd go with white or cream.
    karischub

Answer by karischub at 10:51 PM on May. 22, 2011

• CREAM COLOR
    RACINGMANIA

Answer by RACINGMANIA at 8:04 PM on May. 23, 2011

• antique white
    asil

Answer by asil at 11:23 PM on May. 27, 2011