If you dont extreme coupon tell me why?

I dont because i dont eat junk food, i dont buy much boxed and canned foods. I dont need 100 vitamin waters. Plus its bad for you. I eat organic foods, we shop at trader joes, local meat/seafood/organic market, farmers market. I used to shop at the normal markets but i never saved any money. My daughter has to be on a gluten free diet which is expensive. None of the foods we like are at the normal markets. and i dont see any coupons in the local paper either. everything is Pet food, makeup, kraft crap.. Sorry if im sounding snobby, i just dont like junk food.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:27 AM on May. 22, 2011 in Just for Fun

• not a whole lot of coupons out there for the foods and such we eat either. DD is dairy, gluten, egg, cane sugar, HFCS free for her eczema. Not much out there that would fit that. I try to buy organic too.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:30 AM on May. 22, 2011

• Because I don't have the time. I only clip what I normally use or want to try and the coupons I want are minimally available.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 1:31 AM on May. 22, 2011

• I agree. We don't purchase a lot of the things for which coupons are available. I shop the local "ethnic" markets for fresh cheese and produce, Costco for bulk things we use, plus DH works for Whole Foods, so we get a discount.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 1:35 AM on May. 22, 2011

• I don't have the time but I will clip coupons for shampoo, cosmetics etc. Working 40-50 hrs a week is my main job, not coupons. And you are right about the types of coupons they have. Mostly processed foods and candy.
    Kathy675

Answer by Kathy675 at 1:36 AM on May. 22, 2011

• Just like you, I shop primarily at TJ's and Whole Foods, because I prefer organic, WHOLE foods and I make my foods from scratch. No weird ingredients, no boxed meals, no chips, Vitamin Waters, Gatorade, etc. Not to mention all of the time it would take, really. I've done some couponing, but I never got really into it, because 99.9% of the coupons I come across are useless to me. I don't buy a brand just because I have a coupon for it or because it's on sale, I buy what we like. Same goes for soap, dryer sheets, makeup, etc.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 1:38 AM on May. 22, 2011

• my local grocery store does not do what the other stores do like double coupon and they limit one type of coupon per person so I can't go in with 50 coupons of the same thing and buy 50 items of what the coupon is for. plus I hate greed and that is what these people are is greedy and it pisses people off when they go shopping and there is nothing left because some shit head hoarder had to clear the shelves because they had 50 coupons for that one item.......seriously who needs dozens of one thing or the lady who stock piled diapers because she knew one day she would have kids!! it's all about greed and these people suger coat it by saying it is saving them money well hell do you need 100 bottles of tums? really?? just because they were dirt cheap? and that's not greedy?
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 1:39 AM on May. 22, 2011

• eye rolling

WOW. Food wise we go to Farmers Markets, Trader Joes and Safeway. We eat organic and free range meats. ALL my extreme couponing is on non food items like lotions, razors, toothpaste, Hypo allergenic detergents!  I see no point in buying stuff for whole price when I can get it free or under a buck! Also I get in bulk things I DON'T need and donate them because I am not a snob!

momavanessa

Answer by momavanessa at 1:50 AM on May. 22, 2011

• Yea but i dont need toothpaste thats Colgate. gross, has nasty chemicals.. i never see coupons for ALL Detergent... No coupons for make up, i use mac and bare escentuals
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:54 AM on May. 22, 2011

• I like the people who are the extreme coupon and they use that excess to help other people like the ones in the military or their friends and family who can't afford to get stuff like toothpaste, soap, diapers ect. Like me. I can get food cause i am on the asst program, buyt most of the time I can't get the other stuff. I only can use Tide or Gain and Dawn dish soapl I have VERY sensitive skin and I am afraid if get something I am allergic to, I get a horrid and painful rash and to go to the doc and get antibiotic cream. I might be able to use others, but I know I can use these and not get the rash. I have used that stuff parents use for babies that laundy stuff in the pink bottle, can't remember the name, but zI actually was allergic to it!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:57 AM on May. 22, 2011

• Just because we don't coupon doesn't make us snobs. We just prefer stuff that doesn't happen to have widely distributed coupons. When I DO find something I buy available with a coupon (ie Costco detergent), I stock up.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 1:58 AM on May. 22, 2011