I really need to dye my hair.

I have bleached blonde hair, and my roots are really dark. It bothers me. I'm in my first trimester, is it ok to dye my roots if I do it in a well ventilated room?

danichaos

Asked by danichaos at 3:32 AM on May. 22, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Dying your hair in pregnancy is fine but it may take color differently with you being pregnant now because of your hormones. If you decide to color do be sure to be in a well ventilated room. I've heard though that it is best to wait until you are out of your first trimester. Also, are you foiling or doing it in a cap or applying it directly to the roots? If you're foiling or doing cap highlights than that is fine because the bleach won't be coming in contact with your scalp directly.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:40 AM on May. 22, 2011

• i was too freaked out to dye my hair at all when i was prego but i did end up dyeing my hair the night of me goin into the hosp to have my baby..she was healthy so i think it should be ok..ask your doc she/he might have a suggestion for u
    rachel216

Answer by rachel216 at 9:36 AM on May. 22, 2011

• I have dyed my hair a few times since about 18 weeks. I actually went darker (i'm also a bleach blonde) because I started to show roots AND greys. I couldn't take it anymore. But, I colored in a well ventilated area and I was fine. but, I will tell you, my hair DID NOT absorb the color the way it normally does. PLUS, my hair is growing so fast the color doesn't last. :( I guess it almost comes down to whether or not it's even worth the money or the effort? But, it's true if you get foils they will stay away from your scalp and the smell may not bother you as much in the salon as it would in the home.
    Wonderland12777

Answer by Wonderland12777 at 10:22 AM on May. 22, 2011