Some Godly Advice PLZ! No Bashing!

My husband and I have one child. My husband and I have been TTC for about 2 months and i have much anxiety i won't be able to concieve already ( no logical reason for that i just have an anxiety disorder). I know this sounds ridiculous but his sister is going to start TTC as well and i just have this overwhleming jealously feeling. I like his sis although we have had previous issues and their is always been a "competiveness" between us. I have prayed to not feel this way and i know i will be happy for them when they get pregnant i just fell like she will get pregnant and i won't. Yes im just being honest even thought it may sound dumb. I countinually ask for forgiveness and for some reason i can't get it out of my mind. I would really like another baby soon and now i feel like their is this competive pressure between us. Any suggestions

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:40 PM on Dec. 7, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• I felt the exact same way between my sister in law and I. (I ended up getting pregnant first and was so glad) She was a month behind me. However, when we both started getting to the end of our pregnancies I felt silly that I had been so jealous. I started realizing that we would both have kids close in age that could play together. My mil and fil treat them both the same and the two babies have completely different looks and personalities so their is so much to like about each in their own way. I hope any of this helps. God will bless you when you are ready if its meant to be. Besides if she gets pregnant first then you will always have the baby of the family which is special to.
    momofpurebliss

Answer by momofpurebliss at 7:48 PM on Dec. 7, 2008

• It's natural to feel Jealous, but sincerely it shoudln't be a competive compeition. All I can say is pray for the right time. I know we all want something at our time, but we have to leave it at God's time. If you feel any jealousy towards anything or anyone the process may be delayed a bit. I hope and Pray you concieve soon. Best of luck!
    Anonymous

• Overcome your feelings not matter how hard it may seem and be happy for her if she conceives. As a Christian you should rejoice when your brother or sisters is rejoicing. God knows the desires of your heart and he is a God that grants them.
    Sis.Jackson

Answer by Sis.Jackson at 9:07 PM on Dec. 7, 2008

• Don't be worried you haven't conceived yet. It's very normal for it to take 12-18 months. Stress can prevent you from ovulating correctly and conceiving. Take a Natural Family Planning class and learn how to chart your fertility, it's awesome for trying to avoid pregnancy naturally and for achieving pregnancy!
    mommacat

Answer by mommacat at 9:30 PM on Dec. 7, 2008

• heavenly father is a 4th watch god and he is listening to you but just hasn't answered your prayers. just keep praying and he will answer you and it might just be your get prego first. you shouldn't feel like it's a competition to who gets pregnant first. just the fact that you do end up pregnant should be the blessing that you really want not to have it first. good luck
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 10:48 PM on Dec. 7, 2008

• I feel that jealously is normal. If she ends up getting pregnant before you do that was a blessing that was meant for her. Continue to ask God to make you a stronger person and not envious of others. But as far as concieving yourself, I always say that God is all knowing and he will give and take away as he seems fit. If God wants you to concieve again it will happen and if not, be happy that you 2 have the child that God has blessed you with.
    MaiasMommy619

Answer by MaiasMommy619 at 12:15 AM on Dec. 8, 2008

• The enemy is using this to steal your JOY don't let him! Every time you start to feel this way speak the Word over your mind and take captive all thoughts that are not glorifying to God. Do not allow this to hinder your relationship with your SIL let God heal the hurts and you might start with asking for forgiveness in order to start the process once the devil sees he's not going to win he will leave and you will see God grow in your relationship and home.

TalithaStarry

Answer by TalithaStarry at 10:09 AM on Dec. 8, 2008

• I had 3 sisters during pregnancies. You said you had prayed on this area. I believe sometimes when people pray some 4get to ask for forgiveness. If you had some issues with her maybe those issues had not been resolved. Go talk with her on those issues and if things are still not resolved jut simply forgive her. Act on your 4giveness by confessing SHE is blessed. When you do this, that's when your Blessings will over flow. God did not give you A spirit of fear He gave you a spirit of peace, love and a sound mind..I am a spiritual life coach for woman who suffer from anxiety etc. .Come join my group. You are Truly Blessed...God Bless You

MamaGuru

Answer by MamaGuru at 10:25 AM on Dec. 8, 2008