I will have my baby girl in just a little over a day now... any advice??

I'm going in for my c-section tomorrow. I have to be at the hospital by 5am so I have to leave my house by 3:30am so we will be there in time (yes, I live that far from my hospital). I'm so excited and nervous! This is my second c-section but the first wasn't planned. So, I was just wondering from mommies with experience, is there anything I should expect? Will it be the same as my first or no? I imagine not but really don't know. I'm getting nervous so I'm full of questions lol. Any advice or words or wisdom are greatly appreciated!

tiffanynichols

Asked by tiffanynichols at 4:23 AM on May. 22, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Rushed emergency c-sections are scarier than planned ones. You will be fine! It's basically the same as the one you already had only it will feel a lil more organized. You will know ahead of time what to expect and you will be in there while they prep the room. The OR looks scarier than it is. Just kick back and enjoy the moment when you finally get to see the lil miracle that has been growing inside of you. Get plenty of sleep so you are rested and can spend time with your new munchkin. Don't forget the camera :P Good luck!
    teardrop_7060

Answer by teardrop_7060 at 5:19 AM on May. 22, 2011

• I agree with teardrop I had one and may get another now that I am carring twins.
    eatingfor2245

Answer by eatingfor2245 at 6:33 AM on May. 22, 2011

• Congrats on your baby girl! GL
    rachel216

Answer by rachel216 at 9:33 AM on May. 22, 2011

• I had a repeat c-section. With my first, I had an epidural and they just kept using that for the surgery. For the scheduled, they did a spinal. I think that I was less worried and more rested for the scheduled because I hadn't been in labor for 14 hours before the scheduled. All in all, it was a better experience. Don't worry. Relax (I do realize that it's harder than it sounds). The PP is right--don't forget the camera. And enjoy your new baby!
    kasey22

Answer by kasey22 at 1:23 PM on May. 22, 2011