I have insurance but cant afford to go

I have health & dental insurance but I still can't aford to see a doctor or dentist.
How many others are in this situation?
I haven't had a physical in three years. Haven't had my eyes checked in two. I have gone to the dentist, but my next appt should be in July, so maybe.
My kids are on a program, where I pay a small fee. I only taken them if they have a fever for more then 24 hours. They are really sick and need meds.
I'm not on food stamps or anything else.
just stuck in the middle, no I don't want anything for free
It just makes me mad, people who abuse the system. Go to er for everything. That sorta stuff
And I can't even see a doctor
What to do?
I do have a few issues I would like to get checked out.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:34 AM on May. 22, 2011 in Health

• I have the same issue we have a PPO... $3000 deductable/person/year... the only thing covered is the one wellness visit/yr. So that's all I go for. Take the kids when they are actually sick and need an antibiotic only. And forget vision and dental!! IT SUCKS!!! It's a choice... do we eat this week or go to the docs... there just isn't anywhere else for the money to come from, yet we don't qualify for any help, drive old cars, etc. So I hear ya!! We are also stuck in the middle.

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 2:58 PM on May. 22, 2011

• go to the doctor and get he kids in if they need it. do you have to pay up front or do you have a co-pay? if you don't have to pay up front...just go and then make payments on the bill.
    I hear ya about the other stuff...people who take advantage of the system make me sick!!
    mkdirector2011

Answer by mkdirector2011 at 6:37 AM on May. 22, 2011

• Look around at different clinics. Some cater to low income or are willing to set up payment plans.
    tspillane

Answer by tspillane at 7:12 AM on May. 22, 2011

• If you have insurance, you cannot go to the free clinics.
    I cannot add another bill, I cannot pay.
    Sorry, guess I was just ranting!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:21 AM on May. 22, 2011

• Thinking if dropping my insurance, is get everything for free
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 7:22 AM on May. 22, 2011

• Is there a Health center in your area?
    We have one here and its for people who have insurance or do not have insurance. What someone pays is based in their income and they offer services to people who do not have income also.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 9:16 AM on May. 22, 2011

• Also Heath fairs do alot what is normally done in the drs. office when it comes to routine checkups. Look into them in your area.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 9:28 AM on May. 22, 2011