Tips when dealing with a bad stomach bug?? adult content

Is there any way to throw it off faster or to try and reduce the levels of vomiting etc??? I am really suffering and need to get a lot of stuff done! I sound ignorant asking I know, but I've not had a bad stomach bug since I was about 7.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:44 AM on May. 22, 2011 in Health

• I had a bad one a couple years ago and ended up at the urgent care clinic twice. The doctor there told me that I needed to let it run its course for 3 days and keep drinking enough fluids so I didn't get dehydrated.

For vomiting, try crushed ice in water or stale coke or ginger ale or gatorade. I hope you feel better soon.

Answer by Bmat at 8:22 AM on May. 22, 2011

• Sugar will make it worse... like gatorade and other sports drinks... so if you drink them to hydrate cut them in half with water!!

Crafty26

Answer by Crafty26 at 11:40 AM on May. 22, 2011

• jello, gingerale, popsicles, saltines.......... just like the kids.....and don't reintroduce tap water until last
    whitepeppers

Answer by whitepeppers at 11:47 AM on May. 22, 2011

• I am dealing with something similar that's been going on for a month now. I will start feeling better for a few days and then it hits me again. I don't throw up (strong gag reflex), but major nausea, sweating, clamminess; some diahrea from time to time; serious lightheadedness that prevents me from driving sometimes - the lightheadedness is my main worry right now. Feeling like I'm going to faint when first awaken or within an hour after I eat something. I've been on amoxycillin for 9 days and just started taking 1000mcg B12. Been to the ER once and 3 doctor visits - no one can find the cause. Also, don't have low blood sugar (it stays around 106, even after a nights' fast) Any one got any ideas?? The doc is currently testing me for h.pylori. Could the meds be mimicking the stomach flu?
    Choosey

Answer by Choosey at 4:55 PM on May. 22, 2011

• Don't eat any food untill you have been vomit free for 12 hours. It just exaggerates the problem. Try sipping things like chicken broth. Sugary drinks will actually make you more sick. As far as getting things accomplished on your to do list...well I think your luck runs out there. Hope you get well soon!
    MKSers

Answer by MKSers at 6:17 PM on May. 22, 2011

• Dramamine helps... it's a motion sickness pill and a dr can always prescribe phenegren... knocks you out but you feel a hell of a lot better when you wake up
    hollydaze1974

Answer by hollydaze1974 at 4:15 PM on May. 24, 2011