If you get a nose ring...does it have to go all the way through?

I pierced my own nose but I can't get it all the way through. I got the ring in but the only ones I can use are the ones w/the ball on the end?? Should I try again and poke it all the way?? I figured this way it wont get snot on it this way, LOL!

Itspartytime

Asked by Itspartytime at 7:46 PM on Dec. 7, 2008 in Health

• you crazy? lol sorry.. it just came through my mind that you shouldnt pierce yourself.. ever heard of infections ect.?!... well as long as you are a nurse then i guess you are fine.. hehe ;)

not sure what piercings (w/the ball on the end) you are talking about.. but i had a nose ring when i was.. ughhh.. 14 or 15.. and yes, it had to go all the way through.. got tired of it though.. and now i still (after 10yrs) have this little hole in my nose..its closed, but you can still see it.
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 7:49 PM on Dec. 7, 2008

• I have my nose pierced and it has to be all the way through because otherwise when your sleeping or whatever it will fall out. When they pierced mine they had to do it at an angle to. Also there are special nose rings that curve so that they can't come out easily, and just sit right in the inside of your nose so that it doesn't get in the way of anything trying to get out lol. I have the ones with the little ball on the end and they are always popping out. So good luck!
    Trishy7

Answer by Trishy7 at 7:52 PM on Dec. 7, 2008

• Sounds like it hurt! I couldn't do my own. When i had mine a couple of years ago . . . i could only stand the cork end. That way i didn't feel like i had something else in my nose. My understanding is that you have to poke it all the way through so it doesn't get infected but if theres another way i'm not sure. I'm guessing what your saying is that you only got it through one layer (since your nose has two)?
    kinzleysmommy

Answer by kinzleysmommy at 7:53 PM on Dec. 7, 2008