Quiting......

Okay so I need to quit smoking!!! I started taking the chantix pill which was working great! but I started feeling like I wanted to hurt someone, it made me have serious mood swings so of course I stopped taking it... and now I am back to smoking, I need to know some other ways of quiting that will be effective...

Mommi2four2011

Asked by Mommi2four2011 at 8:29 AM on May. 22, 2011 in Health

• Cold turkey. That is how I stoped. Cut back tell I couldn't, then just stoped. To me their is not real other way.

Answer by louise2 at 8:32 AM on May. 22, 2011

• Yea i am trying to do it cold turkey but WHOA it is hard especially when I smoke more when I am stressed out :(
    Mommi2four2011

Comment by Mommi2four2011 (original poster) at 8:33 AM on May. 22, 2011

• The only way I was ever able to quit was when I found out I was prego. However, once done breastfeeding I started again :( It sucks. But, a friend of my DH said he didn't even want to quit...he's been smoking for a long time and he smokes a lot. Anyway, asked his GF to marry him and she said only if he quit smoking. Ha! So, he went to the dr and got this little inhaler...it's about the size of half of a cigarette. He used it for a while with no side effects and after a few months he didn't even need the inhaler. Ask you dr about that thing. Sorry I don't remember the name. And, best of luck! I want to go get one too!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:38 AM on May. 22, 2011

• Cold turkey for me. My motivation though was I burnt my 5 dayold baby with a cigarette (ACCIDENTLY ladies), that was it for me.
    Good luck mommi2four2011 it's very hard habit to break. You can do it!
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 8:41 AM on May. 22, 2011

• i stopped cold turkey b4 my 1st was born.. then started back when she was 5 months then 2 months later stopped again
    chrstny88

Answer by chrstny88 at 5:49 PM on May. 22, 2011