Has anyone...

gone into labor without your mucus plug falling out and without breaking your water? Can you go into labr without either one happening?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:48 PM on Dec. 7, 2008 in Pregnancy

• You can go into labor with out having your water break for sure. In fact, it is more common that water doesn't break until labor is well underway. A recent common practice is the docs actually break your water for you to speed up labor. Try not to keep your water from breaking for as long as you can because it helps dampen the pain of contractions!
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 7:50 PM on Dec. 7, 2008

• Can you go into labor without either one happening (mucus plug and water breaking)?
    Anonymous

• YES U CAN
    Anonymous

• Is it common?
    Anonymous

• very common... with both of my kids my mucus plug never fell out with my daughter my water just broke out of the blue no contractions or anything.. not a lot of woman have their water break at home (or anywhere else). MOST woman have to have their water broke at the hospital.. both of my sisters plug didnt fall out and their water didnt break..
    Anonymous