im scared that something will happen to the baby when i have it?

i dont know what i should do ?

newmomtobe20

Asked by newmomtobe20 at 7:49 PM on Dec. 7, 2008 in Pregnancy

• What do you mean "something will happen to the baby?"... be more specific please...

is there anything your OB told you that -could- happen?!

as long as everything is fine so far, then there shouldnt be anything to worry about. Dont drive yourself nuts over something that probably doesnt happen. ;))
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 7:51 PM on Dec. 7, 2008

• I did the same thing even several weeks after he was born worrying about sids and stuff. I realized that it is more rare that would happen. I was actually diagnosed with postpartum ocd. My baby is very healthy and is 3.5 months now and I finally feel like i don't worry as much. Everyone tells you not to worry but you can't help it. It is just your motherly instinct wanting to care for your baby and I think that means you will just be a great mom.
    momofpurebliss

Answer by momofpurebliss at 7:54 PM on Dec. 7, 2008

• i agree with momofpurebliss...

everyone feels this way... her question just wasnt really clear to me... i was scared to death when i was pregnant (because i had a miscarriage before). i was always worried... and yes, even after my daughter was born... its natural.. but i can tell you that not all the worries you have become true... i remember when my daughter was born and she kept scratching her face with the fingernails and there was nothing i could do.. (no gloves, no nothing helped)... it made my heart bleed.. i thought it would hurt her so bad... but at the end my midwife told me: "every baby does. it doesnt harm them"... all im saying.. sometimes mommies worry way too much.. but i understand you.. coz i still worry all the time... there isnt much you can do about it.
    m.robertson811

Answer by m.robertson811 at 7:58 PM on Dec. 7, 2008

• There is something to worry about at every stage of parenting. Pregnancy and delivery are no exceptions! The only thing you can do is try to stay healthy, eat right, and listen to your doctors. Read up as much as you can. Stay informed and stay positive. You'll be fine! Good luck!
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 8:09 PM on Dec. 7, 2008

• I was scared to death before my first that his head would be too big and get stuck. It's normal to get worried. My OB and nurses assured me he wouldn't get stuck and all would be fine and it was!!!
    mommacat

Answer by mommacat at 9:23 PM on Dec. 7, 2008