My 6 week old doesn't stay full...

I have a 6 week old son who eats 4 oz every 35 to 45 minutes. He is on enfamil lipil with iron. I know I can't give him single grain rice cereal yet, but I want to know if there is anything I could give him to help in stay full longer through the night. I tried increasing his intake, and a pacifier already. Is there anything else I can do? Or maybe try?

joni574

Asked by joni574 at 7:49 PM on Dec. 7, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Are you sure he's hungry and doesn't have something else going on? It's possible he has GERD and eats to soothe the pain. *I know I posted that on your other question.* It is also possible that Enfamil isnt' sitting well with him and that his tummy hurts and he eats b/c he thinks he's hungry from the stomach ache.
    Anonymous

• acually u might be able to give him rice
    Anonymous

• no. babies aren't supposed to have ANYTHING but milk for AT LEAST their first 6 months. just feed on demand.
    jus1jess

Answer by jus1jess at 7:51 PM on Dec. 7, 2008

• not true the hospital gave my son rice 11 weeks and he was a premee
    Anonymous

• http://www.coliccalm.com/baby_infant_newborn_articles/acid-reflux.htm
    Anonymous