33 week Ultrasound (Type II Diabetic-3rd baby) for size...

Had my 28 week ultrasound for size and she was 3.0 lbs. Had another U/S at 33 weeks and she is now 5 lbs 5 oz. Now, I know (from exprerience the estimates can be wrong (1-2 lbs off) but, my first 2 babies were 7 lbs 6 oz (boy, 5) and 7 lbs 0 oz (girl,3). I'm concerned this time because I am now a Type 2 diabetic (since my 2nd baby) and I know there's a chance she could be big. But, has anyone else had a larger baby or ended up with a c-section due to macrosomia (or shoulder dystocia) ??? I kind of need some reassurance I guess.

Wonderland12777

Asked by Wonderland12777 at 9:00 AM on May. 22, 2011 in Pregnancy

• i never developed GD or have any diabetic issues, however my 2nd child was born weighing 10 pounds 2 ounces. the doctors were "astounded" however they just had my due date wrong by 3 weeks. my first child was 6 lbs and third was 8 lbs (both born a week early) so obviously it was a due date issue. i did have to have her by c-section, i tried laboring on my own but 9 hours into my induction i was stuck at 8cm and she wasn't moving down. failure to progress basically and she was starting to get distressed. so i was taken in for a c-section and though it seemed she was going to be on the "bigger" side, nobody expected her to be THAT big. when they weighed her my doctor said "holy shit" i kid you not! anyway both of us turned out fine with no health issues.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 10:17 AM on May. 22, 2011

• I had no diabetes issues, but my first baby was 9 lb 8 oz and my last was 9 lb 2 oz, both were born vaginally (first drug-free, last pit & epi) with no problems.
    Anonymous