Did u Believe

that the world was going to end yesterday yet again another person making religion look ignorant and just hard to believe in i myself did not believe a old man just talking BS this guy must have made a ton of money

what do u guys think of the whole thing

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:04 AM on May. 22, 2011 in Religious Debate

• I don't believe in the Rapture. Considering that it was unheard of until the 19th century it makes me wonder who came up with the idea. Jesus's teaching is alive and well, I am not a Christian but I see more people now than ever following the path of acceptance, the path of loving unconditionally, I see people trying to do the right thing, and helping when they can. I think "Jesus" is back, and whether you want to call him Jesus or you want to call him by some other name....he's making his come back. People want to live for something, they want to have a reason to be "good', they want to know that everything they do is for the greater good. I wish people could just understand that everlasting peace lays within each of us....and that God/Goddess loves each one of us mistakes and all.
    kitchenwitch78

Answer by kitchenwitch78 at 9:43 AM on May. 22, 2011

• Didn't believe it. The bible says that no man would know when... that's good enough for me.
    PinkLily66

Answer by PinkLily66 at 9:05 AM on May. 22, 2011

• Pshhh NO!
    Did anyone here really believe it?
    Nicoles2LilRams

Answer by Nicoles2LilRams at 9:08 AM on May. 22, 2011

• I saw several moms on here talking about it like they believed it was going to happen. Oops! Got the calculations wrong AGAIN?
    Ati_13

Answer by Ati_13 at 9:21 AM on May. 22, 2011

• I think about the people who BELIEVED this nutjob. Who risked EVERYTHING and now have nothing. Those he put in anguish and fear. For NOTHING! It makes me angry. Armageddon didn't happen yesterday. It won't happen on 12/21/12. Several on cafemom were frightened by all the talk of Sat. non-existent apocalypse. Biblically speaking, it won't happen on ANY date that someone believes because only god knows the true time and date. Your mythology book says that the world will go on as usual until the very end. People will marry and be given in marriage. Babies will be born. Work will be done. It is supposed to come--not when you expect it, not when you are warned--but when you are living as you do every day. Maybe that's a good reason to STOP THINKING ABOUT IT and just live day to day. Stop obsessing! You aren't meant to know. LIVE!
    witchqueen

Answer by witchqueen at 11:28 AM on May. 22, 2011

• I trust and believe that nobody knows when that will happen.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 9:08 AM on May. 22, 2011

• Didnt believe it, like pp said the bible says no man will know when. I think the old man made a fool of himself and his followers.

Answer by gemgem at 9:08 AM on May. 22, 2011

• Do not believe it. Nooneknows the final hour but God and this is what I believe and its best that I keep believing this way cause too many people are coming out of the woodworks over the years with their false predictions like they are god themselves.

Its sad people are out there making money off of this and even sadder when people are falling into it, (especially people who believe in God and read from his holy book) giving him their money and time.
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 9:10 AM on May. 22, 2011

• His radio program and church made all the money and I am sure they arent going to give him any of those proceeds......right?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:16 AM on May. 22, 2011

• I have honestly not met anyone-even on here- who did.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 9:42 AM on May. 22, 2011