Is it possible for me to be blessed with getting pregnant?

I have a disease called PCOS (aka Polycystic Ovary Syndrome). My fiance and I are getting married in April of 2009. We both want to have a child terribly so! I keep thinking that maybe I don't have to have fertility drugs in order to conceive as long as I take the right steps to a healthy and prosperous pregnancy! Is this true, or will I basically need an "encouraged pregnancy"? And if not, then what can I do and when is the PERFECT time to have intercourse to increase my chances the most??

blueydblond

Asked by blueydblond at 7:52 PM on Dec. 7, 2008 in Trying to Conceive

• PCOS is NOT a disease. It's a syndrome, which is a collection of symptoms. I have PCOS and I've conceived twice without fertility drugs. The first time it took us 2 years to get pregnant, but this time I got pregnant the first month we tried! My sister has PCOS, too, and she also had a child without taking fertility drugs. Good luck!!
    Anonymous

• If you are interested in trying things naturally I recommend a book, Taking charge of your fertility" by Toni Weschler. All my friends have it and have used it to get pregnant, we're always like "on pg 157 it says..." It tells you how to chart your fertility signs, I learned so much about my body, and I thought I was pretty well informed! It really gives you knowlege and tools, so if you do need to see a dr. later on you will have a lot of info to give him or her. It is a great tool that helps you feel in control instead of blindly following what drs tell you, I've heard too many stories of drs just putting women on drugs and doing treatments without really finding out what the problem is first!
    woodj2

Answer by woodj2 at 9:31 PM on Dec. 7, 2008

• My sister has been diagnosed with this as well. All she had to do to kick her body into gear was to change up her diet and exercise. Recent studies have shown that a drastic change in diet can jump start, or kinda reboot the reproductive system. Dairy is a huge enemy because of all the added hormones you are putting into your body. Lots of fruits and vegetables, and eliminating red meat all together really helped my sister. Basically go vegan, but it works, not only on paper and research, but it worked for my sis. She also walks, a lot. She just started getting periods again and they say now it looks as if she wont need any assistance at all.
    Anonymous

• I, too, have PCOS. When I was diagnosed with it at the age of 18, I was informed that I would probably never be able to conceive, at least not naturally. Once my husband and I got married, we agreed to try conceiving without help. After three years of no luck, we were about ready to turn to a doctor for help. By the grace of God, we got pregnant late last summer (on our own). I always knew in my heart that if it was meant to be, it would happen for us. Just keep faith and also talk to your husband and doctor to figure out what would be best for you.
    Good Luck.
    maggiesmom415

Answer by maggiesmom415 at 10:49 PM on Dec. 7, 2008

• I also have pcos. It is also called pcod (disease) Anyways it took us 2 years to concieve our son. You can try the diet and exercise. It didnt help me. You can be put on metaformin to help regulate your insulin levels. It helps you body get back to normal to o on your own. So far we have been ttc for 17 months for #2 and I just had laproscopic surgery to remove the cysts.
    duckey060504

Answer by duckey060504 at 12:15 AM on Dec. 8, 2008