Which outfit would be best for this ceremony?

Haha I'm guessing this is a bit of an odd question, but I'm on a cruise ship and were going to be "crossing the line" (equator) tomorrow and for the ceremony I don't know what to wear. Basically it's where everyone who has never crossed the equator before has to make a "sacrifice" haha. The sacrifice in this case is you get messy with the "kitchen leftovers" poured all over you...basically you get covered in like a cake batter kind of mixture. You DO get super messy I hear :) And then after you're messy you get dunked in the pool.

So yeah... Idk what to wear. Traditionally you're supposed to get pretty dressed up for it, just because the ceremony is a big deal, everyone is watching, and you should look your best for it. I def want to dress up , because EVERYONE I've talked to is pretty much wearing their best outfits for this, and getting really dressed up.

Basically the options are (what I brought with me on the trip):
Really Dressed Up, Outfit 1: Gorgeous Emilio Pucci evening dress (blue), Jimmy Choo strappy heeled sandals
Slightly-less Dressed Up, Outfit 2: White Jovani evening dress, BCBG tan heeled-sandals
Slightly-less Dressed Up, Outfit 3: White Albert Nipon skirt suit, Stuart Weitzman pumps

Pretty much that's all the options I have...I dont have anything "in-between." After those options, it's just a top/jeans pretty much. What do you think I should wear? It seems like everyone else is going all out and wearing their best clothes, so should I just do that?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:17 AM on May. 22, 2011 in Beauty & Style

• I'd vote wear which ever outfit you'd be least upset if it got ruined.
    tspillane

Answer by tspillane at 9:27 AM on May. 22, 2011

• TBH I like all of them equally, and I probably wear #3 the most, #2 a bit more, and #1 I hardly ever wear, only on special occassions. But the first outfit is the most expensive, and the dressiest one. Idk if I should just go all out and wear that? Because it seems from people I've talked to that most people are wearing their best.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:31 AM on May. 22, 2011

• The darkest easiest to clean one. One I can stick in the tub with some stain remover wen I get back to where ever I am staying. Nothing that's dry-clean only.
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 9:40 AM on May. 22, 2011

• I'd order room service.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 9:42 AM on May. 22, 2011

• But_Mommie: All three outfits are dry-clean only, actually :P What do you think?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:47 AM on May. 22, 2011

• I think you go find a cheap consignment shop and get a nice something to toss!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 10:22 AM on May. 22, 2011

• The thing is, I didn't know about this before, and I'm currently on the cruise haha. I can't go buy anything really; it's either one of these three outfits or something casual, but everyone seems to be getting really dressed up, and I dont want to be underdressed.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:27 AM on May. 22, 2011

• sorry i would go with the under dress these people arent buying for your clothing bill.....there is a 4th option dont take part in the food thing......no one can make you......
    cara124

Answer by cara124 at 10:46 AM on May. 22, 2011

• Cara124, I realize I dont HAVE to do it, but it's tradition and this is my first (and maybe only?) cruise so I might as well take advantage of it. And I don't really want to look underdressed, I dont like being underdressed and plus everyone I've gotten to know will remember that for the next few nights I'm sure.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 10:48 AM on May. 22, 2011