Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

1 Bump

Risk of ex finding out new address when I move.

I have recently given my ex the 4 children we had together. I have now discovered that he has been in contact with Child Support Agency. My worry now is that when I move (hopefully in the next month or 2) I'm scared that he will get my new address from the CSA. I live in England so if any moms out there can advise on what I should do then I will be eternally grateful.

p.s. I gave him the kids so I can relocate to another county far away from him and get on with my life after the abusive relationship that I had with him. Hope this additional info helps you to help me.

The abuse was towards me, not the kids

Answer Question

Asked by Anonymous at 9:44 AM on May. 22, 2011 in Relationships

Answers (6)
  • Advice - No. Question - Yes, Why would you leave your children with an abusive man?

    Answer by meooma at 9:47 AM on May. 22, 2011

  • Im with meooma

    Answer by gemgem at 10:33 AM on May. 22, 2011

  • wow, well i dont have any advice for you expect hows he going to file for child support on you if are hidding?.....mothers are no different from fathers in my opion .....if he is raising the kids YOU need to help support them.....sorry JMO

    Answer by cara124 at 10:42 AM on May. 22, 2011

  • Are you sure he is abusive?

    Not too many women leave their children with an abusive man even if he is not abusive toward the children....and if he was abusive to you and you are gone, nowhere to be found, who will he turn abusive toward now?

    Possibly the children or bring someone else into the home so he can continue the abuse and the children remain the victims to this?

    (most abusers do not change after the person they are abusing is no longer with them)

    Answer by virginiamama71 at 10:58 AM on May. 22, 2011

  • What happened to protecting your children? You should be there for them. Do you realize how this is going to affect your children? I'm so sad for your children... If you don't want to be a fulltime parent, then you STILL need to help! I don't care what country you live in, you should NOT abandon your children! You should get together with your ex, come up with a plan, on what to pay to help out, and visitation, etc.. Be an adult, and help take care of the innocent children you brought into this world. If you haven't already, you can rest assure your children are going to end up in therapy because of your choice not to be a Mother to them. Just remember, everything you do now will affect them the rest of their lives...

    Answer by MrsLeftlane at 11:17 AM on May. 22, 2011

  • why in the hell would you leave your kids. ur putting them in danger...come on really, be a woman and go get ur children, protect them like a mother should.

    Answer by ashes27165 at 12:53 PM on May. 22, 2011

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.