I feel like I've pulled a muscle in my lower abdomen. Is something wrong with my baby?

I'm not bleeding or anything, I'm just terribly sore. When I woke up this morning my right lower quandrant was (and still is) hurting something fierce! My husband suggested that my body could be stretching. (This is our first and we don't have a clue.) What do I do? Take it easy and just wait until my appointment Tuesday? Help!!

mrsjon

Asked by mrsjon at 9:52 AM on May. 22, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Sounds perfectly normal!!! Two of my babies (I am convinced) went through major growth spurts and I would be SO sore. Ligaments stretch and sometimes it's a little rough on them. I also think I got KICKED pretty hard sometimes and was sore from that.
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 11:34 AM on May. 22, 2011

• It could be stretching of the ligaments in your lower abdomen. I had the same kind of experience while pregnant and I called my doctor's office and spoke with a nurse. They had me come in that day to be checked out. You should at least call your doctor's office and speak with someone.
    MomMom23

Answer by MomMom23 at 9:55 AM on May. 22, 2011

• Yep happens to me all the time. I was a bridesmaid in a wedding yesterday and I had to walk around and deal with it all day.
    campbellb3421

Answer by campbellb3421 at 12:03 PM on May. 22, 2011

• I'm experiencing the same thing, but my next appt isn't until June 6. If it's stretching usually it will ease up some with rest is what my doctor told me. If it's worrying you a lot then call in the morning, but they will probably just suggest you drink lots of water and rest until your appt since it's not that far away.
    wywys_mom_09

Answer by wywys_mom_09 at 4:45 PM on May. 22, 2011