Would you say something?

I have a friend I lost contact with and we have reconnected thru FB.
When we got back in touch and was catching up she told me her husband had passed away 3 years ago.
I see her husband has a FB page but its private.
Within the last few months whenever she updates her status with articles and comments, there are replies from her husband's page, as well as ongoing conversations going on from him to other people who reply and ask questions back directed to him.

Should I be concerned for this friend?
What would you say to someone about this?

virginiamama71

Asked by virginiamama71 at 10:00 AM on May. 22, 2011 in Relationships

• i would just say hey do u know theres someone on here that has the same name as your dh on facebook. she might not respond if shes not telling u the truth. or somthing on the lines of...someone is useing his name how is that..good luck..
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 10:04 AM on May. 22, 2011

• I would say OMG - I ran across a FB page with the same name of your late husband!! WTH? Then I would leave it alone -- Maybe she just didnt want you to know for whatever reason. Still though, it would make me wonder about everything she said after that, and whether she was lying about it.
    BaileysMom476

Answer by BaileysMom476 at 10:14 AM on May. 22, 2011

• No you shouldn't say anything it's her right to tell you everything she wants and nothing more..so what if she said he's dead that's her agenda not yours you asked her to be your friend not her dh's and if you do ask she'll think your snooping and probably delete you for getting into her business I would.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:55 AM on May. 22, 2011

• Anon: I am not snooping as everything is in the open on FB.
    I have known her and her husband for years and lost contact with her. Found her on FB, we updated each other on each other's lives and she says her husband passed away.
    I see he has a FB page, and maybe some people do not delete a deceased spouse's page so nothing wrong with that.

She posts status updates, than there are replies to these updates from the husband and if I comment to her status, there are replies going to me from the husband as well as others replying to the husband and he replies back.

And these people are discussing with her husband if they too do not know he is deceased.
    virginiamama71

Comment by virginiamama71 (original poster) at 12:06 PM on May. 22, 2011

• Weird. Not sure what I would think there.
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 1:43 PM on May. 22, 2011