Baby cries non stop the same times everyday

my daughter is 19days old. this last week has been tough. she cries from 7pm to around 9 or 10pm, and again from 5am to 7:30am. the times shes upset is just getting longer. she stops crying if i hold her but is still extremely fussy. and she eats a lot during these periods of time. what could be causing this? i switched her formula to gentle ease and that has helped with the gas and constipation but other than that has made nothing better.

xunlucxyx0

Asked by xunlucxyx0 at 10:31 AM on May. 22, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• sounds like collic
    SabrenaLeigh

Answer by SabrenaLeigh at 10:36 AM on May. 22, 2011

• Try bouncing her face down across your knees. Ask your pedi if she can have infant gas drops. Other than that, take a nap with her before her crying times. This will pass.
    Audrice1985

Answer by Audrice1985 at 11:04 AM on May. 22, 2011

• I agree, def sounds like colic! Not much u can do, try holding her on her tummy, and give her lots of luv! This usually passes around 4 months of age. U can ask ur daughters ped about Nutramegin formula, that's what I gave my son, and it helped some! Be aware though that sometimes switching formulas can constipated ur baby. Also, try chamomile tea, this works miracles! Just boil some water and add a chamomile tea bag to it (which is naturally decaf) use about 2 oz. Of that and add 2 oz. Cold water! GL
    PANZONSMOM

Answer by PANZONSMOM at 11:16 AM on May. 22, 2011

• Yep. Colic. Hold her, try to get her to take a pacifier since she probably doesn't need food. My son would just latch on to my breast without nursing to calm down. That was the only thing that kept him somewhat quiet.

Get rest WHENEVER you can. My son was fussy all day and then SCREAMED for hours on end in the evening, night, and morning. Get a sling to carry her around next to you. That is one of the best things you can do. My husband would sit in the rocking chair and put movies on (Lord of the Rings) and use the closed captioning with lights off and the sound off. Then he would rock our screaming son for HOURS. Watching the movie took his mind off the screaming (somewhat) and it gave our son someone with him while he fussed. Eventually he would fall sound asleep and we would get some rest before he started again. It will end. Eventually!
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 11:24 AM on May. 22, 2011

• try burping more frequently.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 11:32 AM on May. 22, 2011

• It is definitely colic. My girls had TERRIBLE colic. Nutramigen is wonderful, smells terrible but helps babies alot, if that still doesn't help, I'd go to soy, after you talk to your dr of course. Soy is the only thing that helped my youngest. Another thing that works wonders on colic is Gripe Water. The Little Tummies brand makes it, there's also another kind that is cheaper at walgreens, that has pooh on it and i think its called tummy soother or something like that, and just give them however much it says on there, I'd also try burping after every ounce or two, and I agree that bouncing them over your knee with them on their tummy helps alot. Another thing that would cause my girls to scream like that was if they were constipated, then I'd have to use a suppository and that usually made them feel better, but on nutramigen my daughter never had a problem with that, that only came when starting the soy.
    husky_grlie08

Answer by husky_grlie08 at 1:11 PM on May. 22, 2011

• my daughter screamed from 12am til 4am non stop EVERY night. Then at 6 weeks it just stopped. I kept thinking it was to good to be true and it would return but it didnt!!! hang it there, it will pass soon!!!..oh and gripe water is the bomb :)
    Kristibeth

Answer by Kristibeth at 1:52 PM on May. 22, 2011