Do you get court ordered child support/have an order for it?

Out of curiosity how many women here have a court order for child support? If you do how much it is for? Do you actually get it?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:49 AM on May. 22, 2011 in General Parenting

• Yes I have a court order to receive child support, but I only get it when he works, or can draw unemployment... He's always behind, so I don't count on it as an income because it's not steady.. My ex said we're "rich" so it's not a big deal.. Not sure how he would have any idea about our financial situation, we don't drive new cars, both are paid for, we live in a modest style home, that we have a mortgage on, and we don't buy junk ever, and our boys know that... Oh well...
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 10:56 AM on May. 22, 2011

• i have a corut order for child support it comes right out of his check..ive had it ordered for 3yrs and jst started reciveing it on a regular bases for about 7mnths or so..he did alot of cash jobs and still does so hes bout 10grand behind
    rachel216

Answer by rachel216 at 11:02 AM on May. 22, 2011

• I have a court order for my 11 year old. It's only $65/biweekly. I rarely get it. Sometimes if I'm lucky around Tax Refund time, I get between 500-2000 but I haven't got anything this year yet.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:06 AM on May. 22, 2011

• Yea i also receive it court ordered by the state and when he works and when they can find where he is working he pays. He is alloted to pay $722.00 month for 2 kids. The judge got tired of him coming in for non pay and finally stuck it to him. He didn't pay for the first 7 yr of my daughters life! He is 15,000 behind so judge ordered to pay more to pay off arrears and he has been paying regular for about 5 months now. With arrears on he pays $581.00 every two weeks!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:08 AM on May. 22, 2011

• notyet.. ex walked out 3 months back, I just NOW got my appearance from when i petitioned for full custody scheduled for june 2nd. i can't file support until custody is established...honestly hoping this gets over with and my custody isnt rescheduled multiple times.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 11:36 AM on May. 22, 2011

• i get 400 a mnth for my one baby i lost bout 200 though now hes only paying the min behind balance..take him to court and ask if you can recieve his taxes to help get him cought up...every state is diffrent id look in to it
    rachel216

Answer by rachel216 at 11:08 AM on May. 22, 2011

• Oh and on 3rd child his father court ordered pays $188.00 month.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:09 AM on May. 22, 2011

• My ex hasn't filed taxes so we have to make sure our accountant checks a certain box on our return or they will try to come after us for what he owes... They did it once, they will not do that again.. He'll probably go to jail for tax evasion before being behind on child support.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 11:09 AM on May. 22, 2011

• I would ask for an increase! You can do it through your local office or by sending in a letter stating what you want and why.
    harris4

Answer by harris4 at 11:10 AM on May. 22, 2011

• I get $59 a week for 3 kids and my ex is $3300 behind
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 11:01 AM on May. 22, 2011