Please help...

My 19 month old daughter has a rash that covers her entire chest and stomach and her entire back and is spreading to her legs. It looks like very small pimples and feels very rough. The doctors don't know what it is and it has been there for a couple of days. They told me that I can't get her warm. So I can't give her a bath. The poor thing hasn't had a bath in like four days. She itched really bad and so I have to leave her in zip up jammies so that she can't scratch it. She can get to the top of her neck though and has scratched so much that she is actually drawing blood. I don't know what to do.

caelynsmom

Asked by caelynsmom at 8:01 PM on Dec. 7, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Try calamine lotion, it will take the itch away. Apply it with a cotton swab to wherever the rach is and it will keep her from itching.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 8:08 PM on Dec. 7, 2008

• me and my daughter have eczema and for my daughter i use aveeno oatmeal baths.it works so good,and it keeps her skin moistureized.after her bath i put hydrocortizone for the itchy.my dr also recommended giving my daughter benadryl to help her sleep and stop the itch,ask ur dr if its ok
    Anonymous

• Contact your child's Dr. and ask him what dermatologist he would recommend. They specialize in skin.
    Xee

Answer by Xee at 10:02 PM on Dec. 7, 2008

• Both of my daughters have eczema. Their Dr. tried hydro-cortisone and it didn't work so he referred her them to a pediatric dermatologist and she said the same thing, oatmeal baths, lotions and nothing with fragrance or dye and it works for them. just something to think about. GL

LovingParent08

Answer by LovingParent08 at 10:48 PM on Dec. 7, 2008

• sounds like hives...maybe she had a allergic reaction to something...heat makes them spread and welt. Benadrly and calamin lotion or another topical cream to help the itching
    Kimx3babies

Answer by Kimx3babies at 5:31 AM on Dec. 8, 2008

• We went to the doctor today and I finally figured out what is wrong with my daughter. She has something called Scarletina (not sure on that spelling). It is caused from strep. That is what was making her have the sandpaper rash over her entire body. So the doctor gave her some meds and some cream to rub on her. I am so glad I went to her real doctor because those doctors at urgent care don't know what the hell they are doing. So Caelyn will be okay. Her rash should hopefully be gone soon.
    caelynsmom

Answer by caelynsmom at 11:09 AM on Dec. 9, 2008