Need advice: 2 year old with vomiting/diarrhea off an on for 4 days. What should I do?

He woke up Thursday morning and threw up once and then was fine the rest of the day.

Fine Friday.

Diarrhea three times Saturday and laying around a bit in the evening.

Threw breakfast up Sunday (today) morning and is laying around.

Could he have gotten the stomah bug twice or is having a hard time shaking it? My older two never got the virus...

What do you think and what should I do?

CaseyErin

Asked by CaseyErin at 11:13 AM on May. 22, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• As long as he is getting plenty of fluids, I would wait it out. Have him take it easy. Drink water, juice, 7-up, keep the diet pretty boring. I usually don't let mine eat a lot at one sitting. A little bit, make sure it stays down, then another little bit . . . Hope he feels better soon. Sometimes it can last a week. :( Poor guy.
    micheledo

Answer by micheledo at 11:20 AM on May. 22, 2011

• he could've relapsed. If you don't feel right about it take him to dr.
    harris4

Answer by harris4 at 11:14 AM on May. 22, 2011

• After awhile give little bit of gingerale if he will take it. Also jello, saltines, popsicles. Call your doctor. Most have a staff on call on the weekends.
    whitepeppers

Answer by whitepeppers at 11:20 AM on May. 22, 2011

• I think it's the same bug working it's way through. Keep giving fluids, and a mild diet. Toast and jelly, crackers, soup.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 11:28 AM on May. 22, 2011

• First thing, make sure that there is enough urination coming through and that his/her mouth is still wet with saliva. The major concern is dehydration. If there is not enough pee, page the ped today.

If hydration seems okay, and there are no other symptoms like pain or fever, then wait until tomorrow, and take her to the ped if she is not completey better.
    ImaginationMama

Answer by ImaginationMama at 11:31 AM on May. 22, 2011

• I rarely wait longer than 24 hours before calling the doctor.
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 11:35 AM on May. 22, 2011

• call his dr, keep him hydrated
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 11:37 AM on May. 22, 2011

• For diarreah follow the BRAT diet Bannas, Rice, Apples, toast. This will help with the dirreaha. You can also probley call your doc and tt him and he will advice you on if you should take him in.
    Codragonfly

Answer by Codragonfly at 12:31 PM on May. 22, 2011