My daughter doesnt like me any more...

A week before i had my son i went up to stay with my sister w/o my daughter. 13 days after i had my son i came back. She doesnt want anything to do with me any more. she use to be a mommys girl and now she acts like im nothing all she wants is my mom and my dad!!! i dont think she likes me any more. i try to play with her and to do little things like gettin her dressed and giving her baths NOTHING WORKS. i feel like im useless like im not her mom any more! I dont know what to do! i feel like she forgot who i was. i know shes not jealous of her brother bc she holds him and doesnt cry or carry on when someone has him. WHAT DO I DO???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:13 PM on Dec. 7, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• How old is she?
    Southerncharmes

Answer by Southerncharmes at 8:17 PM on Dec. 7, 2008

• 16 months
    Anonymous

• She probably feels abandoned you left her that long. It's the only thing I can think of.
    mom23boys679

Answer by mom23boys679 at 8:50 PM on Dec. 7, 2008

• 13 days ?? wow i would go crazy after a day without my kids. she probably felt abandoned and is really angry at you for being gone so long and is afraid you might leave her again. try telling her your not leaving or try to spend one on one time with just her at the park or something.
    humboldtmama21

Answer by humboldtmama21 at 9:03 PM on Dec. 7, 2008

• I have 2 children I had to leave in Ohio when I was in Oklahoma. We were separated for 2 months. My DS was 2 at the time. My mom had my DD (4 yrs old) and my dad and step mom had my DS. I would call both places once a week and they would call me once a week so I spoke to them twice in every week. My DS became upset after about the first month and would even talk to me on the phone. I felt like you did and I am sure he felt like your DS. My mom brought my kids to me when my ex and I had every thing in order and was able to take care of the children. My DS had nothing to do with me for about a month. Give her time, she still loves you, she is just mad at you for being gone for so long.
    Xee

Answer by Xee at 9:57 PM on Dec. 7, 2008

• awww, im sure it will get better, shes probably just scared youre gonna leave again..so you just need to reassure her youre not goin anywhere...try and set special time for just you and her to do stuff..shes still young, so think of what she likes doing or playing with best and play with her..good luck hun!!
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 3:37 AM on Dec. 8, 2008

• Maybe you could buy a book about how she is a big sister now or work on something with her. I would make some alone time with her. She wasn't prepared for the new baby. I'm sure that once she gets used to the change in your home you will see the same little mommy's girl!
    akhlass

Answer by akhlass at 5:43 AM on Dec. 8, 2008

• my dd (bekkah) was 15.5 months when i had emma. em was premi and bek was very needy, so my mom took bek for about 2 wks so i could focus on taking care of em and she could focus on giving bek all the attention she needed. now, my mom lives right next door, so i saw bek everyday...i just wasnt her 'main care giver'...i focused on em. bek did the same thing as ur daughter...only wanted gramma, didnt pay attention to me...and when she came back to stay with me, all she wanted to do was go back to grammas. (cont.)
    rkmelo263

Answer by rkmelo263 at 9:33 AM on Dec. 9, 2008

• (cont.) after a couple wks she adjusted and went right back to normal. who knows the reason? could be jealousy, could be abandonment, or it could be that she LOVED the 1-on-1 attention she was getting at her grammas. its been one year, and bek STILL loves going to her grammas ALL ALONE for that special 1-on-1 attention she gets....she's spoiled at grammas and she loves it :) who doesnt like to be spoiled and be the center of attention?
    rkmelo263

Answer by rkmelo263 at 9:34 AM on Dec. 9, 2008

• I agree with mom23boys679 ....was there some reason you were gone so long?

Navymama

Answer by Navymama at 1:17 PM on Dec. 9, 2008