How do i handle this?

I'm 34wks and have been having contractions on and off for 3 days when they are happening they are like 5-7 min apart. I went to the hospital a couple days ago and they said they werent that strong because they werent picking up on the monitor very well. But I have a 2 yr old and a 1yr old and It is getting really hard for me to take care of them she is dropped and I am dilating and It is so painful just to walk to the bathroom. I have a c-sec scheduled for 39wks (repeat have to have it med reasons). It is hard to take care of my kids sometimes because of the pain. How am i suppose to handle this for 5 more weeks?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:17 PM on Dec. 7, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Do you have a family member that can come and stay with you for a few weeks? Or maybe a neighbor wouldn't mind stopping in for little while during the day? Don't be afraid to ask people for help. Odds are they really want to help, but don't know how or don't know how to ask. Reach out, you have more resources than you know. Good luck!
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 8:21 PM on Dec. 7, 2008

• get some help from someone??? thats what i had to do.. my contractions were like urs. they make u not want to move and r kinda annoying. my kids father isnt in the pic so i had to get a friend to stay with me for a while and my mom too. b4 my c section i spent a week up at my sisters and had to leave my daughter with my mom so i could get some rest.
    Anonymous

• No i dont we just moved here and I dont know anybody. My sisters live far away. And the only friend I have is pregnant too but hers is high risk and she has to stay in bed.
    Anonymous

• is there anyone, like a grandparent, that may be coming that you can get to be there early?
    sunshinebaby209

Answer by sunshinebaby209 at 8:37 PM on Dec. 7, 2008

• NOPE....My mom lives 1500miles away and has epilepsy and my dad just haad back surgery. His mom works ALL the time. and his dad isnt really in the pic. I wish i had help but I dont so do you guys have any suggestions for me to do by myself? I only have my SO and he works nights so he sleeps all day and he doesnt really help on weekends either.
    Anonymous

• Do you have a church? If so there may be people there that can help you. Check with your OB and see if they have referrals for support. There should be someone in your area who can help you out. If nothing else can you afford a nanny or daycare until after the baby is here?
    mommacat

Answer by mommacat at 9:27 PM on Dec. 7, 2008

• no no no so in other words im screwed.....
    Anonymous

• Have you checked with your ob or midwife to see if they ahve support numbers for you?
    mommacat

Answer by mommacat at 3:37 PM on Dec. 8, 2008