• In the Spotlight:

When you are getting child support for one child and your ex has another child with someone else and will be paying support for that one too, will the support you recive go down because he is paying for another one now??

scaredmommy08

Asked by scaredmommy08 at 8:18 PM on Dec. 7, 2008 in Relationships

• I believe they calculate child support depending on how many dependents and what his income is. So, yes, it very easily could go down.

Southerncharmes

Answer by Southerncharmes at 8:19 PM on Dec. 7, 2008

• only he requests a review and a new order calculated but if he does not the new order will be lower for her not you my sons father pays $198 to his first child and my order was only $123 a month when we went to court but every state is different look up your states name child support calculator and check it

Anonymous

• The 1st born always gets more
    Anonymous

• from what i understand... yes.
    mrsary

Answer by mrsary at 8:39 PM on Dec. 7, 2008

• the first child that receives child support will receive the higher amount. he can request a reduction in child support citing multiple baby mama's as a reason, but most oag advocates are not going to be real sympathetic to that cause if you know what i mean...
    paralegalmommy

Answer by paralegalmommy at 9:19 PM on Dec. 7, 2008

• My ex-husband was paying $400 in child support for his first son. When we got divorced we agreed he would pay $500 in child support but if we went with the state mandated fee then he would have paid $575 so it all depends on everyone's income and expenses. I know they calculated what I was earning and the bills I had as well as the same for him. So, whoever said the 1st born always gets more is wrong.
    cat1622

Answer by cat1622 at 10:09 PM on Dec. 7, 2008