So why don't you get married?

I'm sure we've all seen the posts today about it. I'm not married. I've been with my SO for years and we have children and a home and a financial life together. I think reason we don't "take the plunge" is because we just don't value it. We could, but there is little legal benefit to it that we haven't created ourselves. We're not religious, so we don't have that pressure. Our families don't push the issue, so we're not being outcast by our families or anything. I just don't see it offering anymore security than what we have considering the high divorce rate.

So I'm just curious why everyone else doesn't...also, how long have you been "happily unmarried" and what is your life like together?

kabbot01

Asked by kabbot01 at 8:22 PM on Dec. 7, 2008 in Relationships

• For all the same reasons you haven't it sounds like lol. We aren't religious, his family is a bit but they haven't pushed it onto us at all. It also has to do with the fact that both of our parents have divorced. That doesn't really help any. However, we do plan on getting married one day. We have already decided though that it won't be anything big, just a trip to the courthouse. Which was my idea and needless to say THAT made him happy lol. We have been together almost 3 years, and our relationship isn't the best, but it's very good. We have been through some pretty hard times already, but at the end of the day it all goes away because we know whatever happens, we will go through it together.
    lilbit837

Answer by lilbit837 at 9:14 PM on Dec. 7, 2008

• lol 4 yrs and love it lol if he ever decides to go crazy and cheat I just have to say get out and never look at him again lol

Anonymous

• i like the way you think anon 8:24
    carolinagirl820

Answer by carolinagirl820 at 8:27 PM on Dec. 7, 2008

• lol Thank you ....
    Anonymous

• maybe just cuz we're lazy lol. things are fine how they are now so we don't see the point in changing them. not to mention i don't feel like spending thousands of dollars on wedding...
    Anonymous

• some ppl are more comfy w.o getting married...to some its just a peice of paper. To others its a trap..why fix whats not broken if they are happy with just being together then its there choice i know alot of ppl who just are together and they are the happiest ppl ever.
    mama2twins07

Answer by mama2twins07 at 9:51 PM on Dec. 7, 2008