What could I do to help my DD with her vomiting spell? adult content

My DD's trying to get over a bad illlness, she's 9yrs old. And she's been vomiting for the past 48 hours and hasn't slept as it's so bad. She's stayed hydrated since she drinks then about an hour later as she's about to get to sleep again it'll hit her, she's starting to look well again but I think her issue is not settling her stomach perhaps. She says what happens is she knows it's going to happen because even if she's not got the covers on or isn't wrapped up she gets boiling hot and suddenly it hits her again with full force. I'm so worried since it's still going on and she's so sick so often. She doesn't have a fever and is looking a little better apart from the vomiting!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:47 AM on May. 22, 2011 in Kids' Health

• Try calling the pediatrician. My now 17 yr old used to get sick like that when he got stomach bugs and we would have to take him to the ER and they gave him medicine in an IV and fluids and it helped tremendously.

Answer by gemgem at 11:52 AM on May. 22, 2011

• Take her to the doctor.
    azhlynne

Answer by azhlynne at 12:01 PM on May. 22, 2011

• try a table spoon of peach juice from a can of peaches. Every hour.
    scrappymomma

Answer by scrappymomma at 12:11 PM on May. 22, 2011

• I had that happen and had to go to the ER and they have me a shot. My stomach kept spasming up and wouldn't stop. The shot stopped it

Answer by admckenzie at 12:18 PM on May. 22, 2011

• First I'd recommend contacting her doctor. Second, if she can, try putting 1/8 t ginger into 8oz of water or whatever she's drinking and have her drink as much as she can. Ginger naturally helps calm the acids in the stomach. I use it more for heartburn though so I don't know how well, or if, it will help her.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 12:47 PM on May. 22, 2011

• I would contact her doctor
    othermom

Answer by othermom at 9:42 AM on May. 23, 2011

• It sounds like a nasty virus. I would call the dr for some tips and to see if they want to see her.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 11:28 AM on May. 23, 2011

• I'd take her to theER
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 2:54 PM on May. 23, 2011

• ginger ale should help. I would also call her Dr.
    tazdvl

Answer by tazdvl at 3:03 PM on May. 23, 2011

• take her to the ER or doctor ASAP
    Christmaslver68

Answer by Christmaslver68 at 4:06 PM on May. 23, 2011