Not even a simple Thank You? vent

I gave someone a ton of baby clothes for her sister the other day. I wasn't going to be home when she picked them up so I left them on the porch. I was pretty much guilted into giving them to her because she doesn't have a job, money, she is on welfare, ect... And her sister straight up asked me for my old baby clothes several times even though i said i was going to send them to my sister. Then I figured, the baby shouldn't suffer because her mom is irresponsible so I rounded some up.

Then I see post on fb the next day about how she has been "sorting and washing TONS of baby clothes all day:)" Not even a thank you from her or her sister. Not a text, email, nothing...

Mel_in_PHX

Asked by Mel_in_PHX at 11:52 AM on May. 22, 2011 in Just for Fun

• You did it for the purpose of making sure the baby didn't go without. Just try to keep that in mind while the parents continue to be obnoxious.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 12:10 PM on May. 22, 2011

• You should comment on her post...You're very welcome.
    Simplicity3

Answer by Simplicity3 at 11:54 AM on May. 22, 2011

• It is rude not to thank someone for their generosity....I agree comment a you're welcome on her post
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 11:55 AM on May. 22, 2011

• People have forgotten what basic manners are. What a shame.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 11:57 AM on May. 22, 2011

• On the flip side, peole who get a handout for their existence start to expect it from everything. It is a sad way to live. How thoughtful of you. :-) From someone who knows neither of you, THANK YOU for being the better person who makes a difference in the lives of others.   Hugs !!!

clapping

LeJane

Answer by LeJane at 12:01 PM on May. 22, 2011

• One time I went out of my way to do something for somebody from freecycle..twice for the same person. And nothing...no thank you, no acknowledgment at all. It really honked me off. Now that girl is friends with my neighbor and I just can't like her. I can find nothing nice to say about her.

I guess people don't know how poorly they are thought of when they are so ungrateful.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 12:00 PM on May. 22, 2011

• I know how you feel right now.

I bought my cousin an Ergo and had it giftwrapped (with a heartfelt message about how comfortable it was and how much Aura and I enjoyed being close in ours and how I hoped the same for her & her son) and sent to her (with an infant insert).

That's not a totally inexpensive gift. She is much, much more well off than me. She is decorating her nursery with custom wall-decorations right now and worrying over color schemes, high-end baby furniture, etc. I never did any of that. My daughter (2) doesn't even have a room in our tiny place (but luckily she has a room at her grandparents house).

No thank-yous, no acknowledgement, nothing. But, I see on her FB "why even bother having a registry if nobody is going to use it." So, I don't know if that is directed at me, but I type on there "don't hate me" and "if it helps, nobody got me anything from my registry either." No response, she responded to
    Bellarose0212

Answer by Bellarose0212 at 12:08 PM on May. 22, 2011

• They do. If you never have to work for something why would you take care of it or see it as something to be thankful for? She didnt work for those clothes, you probably did. Shoot she probably didnt even ASK you for them herself and put that much effort into getting them. I would tell her YOURE WELCOME and thanks for the wonderful TY and then not ever give her anything again.

Answer by gemgem at 12:08 PM on May. 22, 2011

• I agree. I'd comment on her post with a "you're welcome." If you want to be ugly you could say something like, "Maybe baby will be more appreciative than YOU." LOL
    mrsjon

Answer by mrsjon at 12:11 PM on May. 22, 2011

• Sorry for hijacking, yes, you definitely had right to expect a thank-you!
    Bellarose0212

Answer by Bellarose0212 at 12:12 PM on May. 22, 2011