If someone says they will be at your house by 12 noon and hasn't shown up or called when do you call them?

I'm waiting on a lady to come by, I know she said she had some other things to get done in the day, and taking that into consideration but when should I call to make sure she is still coming.

Jazmineamomma

Asked by Jazmineamomma at 12:30 PM on May. 22, 2011 in General Parenting

• I'd probably make the first call at 12:15,
    meooma

Answer by meooma at 6:44 PM on May. 22, 2011

• I would give her 20 minutes then leave the house.
    emmyandlisa

Answer by emmyandlisa at 12:41 PM on May. 22, 2011

• I'd do it when they're 45 minutes to an hour late. That seems acceptable to me. You have a life, too. You have a right to know what's going on and when they're showing up.
    fricky29

Answer by fricky29 at 12:35 PM on May. 22, 2011

• I wait an hour then call or leave.

Answer by gemgem at 12:45 PM on May. 22, 2011

• I would say an hour.
    Mom-2-3-Girlz

Answer by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 1:02 PM on May. 22, 2011

• Depends on the situation. Do you have other things YOU need to do away from your house? If so, I would call after only 10 mins of being late and seeing if they were still showing up, and if so, when they expected to get there since they're late.

I was just in a similar situation. Hub's friend and his gf were suppose to come over for dinner. My husband got everything prepped, but he didn't want to start bbq'ing till they got here. Now, these people KNOW our children eat at 5pm. So, 10 mins before 5, we find something else for the kids to eat. They ended up showing up at 6, and we told 'em sorry, but we fed the kids already since they eat at 5. And no, we never called them to find out if they were coming or what had happened.
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 1:08 PM on May. 22, 2011

• So annoying when someone tells you a certain time and you make sure your ready to not incovenice them and they don't even call you to tell you what's up.
    Jazmineamomma

Comment by Jazmineamomma (original poster) at 1:21 PM on May. 22, 2011

• Yeah I was being nice with an hour later...I was going to do it 10 min after but thought to give a bit of time. I called and got a voicemail. Ugh. I want to get it done and over iwth today. Sucks.
    Jazmineamomma

Comment by Jazmineamomma (original poster) at 1:22 PM on May. 22, 2011

• I'd say just go do what you need to get done. If they told you a time, and they weren't there, then either something bad happened or they don't respect YOUR time.
    hopeandglory53

Answer by hopeandglory53 at 1:34 PM on May. 22, 2011

• my mom actually did something like that to me...i haven't seen her in 2 years she was supposed to come visit me and see how my pregnancy is doing and take pictures and everything, the day she was supposed to come up i didn't get one phone call no text until 3 days later
    Lizzypuppylove

Answer by Lizzypuppylove at 2:08 PM on May. 22, 2011