Daycare... La Petite Academy?!?

Hi. I have been a stay at home mom for almost 2 years now. I havent worked in awhile, but in January im planning on going back to school and my husband and I want to put my son in daycare. I am really apprehensive agbout it. It takes alot for me to trust someone with my baby. I have never left my son with anyone that isnt family. But I do think my son will benefit from going to daycare and being around more children. I have been researching about some national daycares, and La Petite Academy is one of them. There are about 6 of them just in my little area, and is closet to where I live and will be going to school. Just curious but does anyone elses kids go there? What have been your experiences? Would you reccomend it?

Also if you have any suggestions for me about anything you have learned that would be great!

MommyAmbie

Asked by MommyAmbie at 11:55 AM on Jul. 11, 2008 in General Parenting

• I wouldn't judge a day care based on the name. My SIL manages a La Petite and although they do have corporate polices for some stuff a lot is left to her discretion. In other words, I'm sure some La Petites are better than others. The one my SIL runs is great.
    My son is starting next month (AHHH!) and I visited about 10 before choosing one. Within 10 seconds of walking through the door some of them were NO WAY out of the question. Once I narrowed it down to 2 I visited again and now I'm comfortable with were he's going. Ask lots of questions and you're mommy instincts will click in!
    Also in Florida you can go online and read all the inspection reports for all daycares, including home based ones. Your state may have a similar site.
    MAUREEN55

Answer by MAUREEN55 at 1:28 PM on Jul. 11, 2008

• I don't have any experience with this particular daycare, but I have worked in a daycare and had my children in them, and I think it's good for them. Having worked in a daycare, most kids adjust more easily than the parents do and I dearly loved the children I worked with as did all of the other workers. We closed in May and I still check on "my babies" regularly. Hope you find that kind of environment for you little one!
    bamagirlnicnac

Answer by bamagirlnicnac at 1:09 PM on Jul. 11, 2008

• I have heard 2 negative things about 2 separate La Petites in Houston. One (the one we were in when I was a kid) had a manager who drank on the job. The second, a youngster somehow got hit by a car, after running out into the street.
    TXdanielly

Answer by TXdanielly at 3:52 PM on Jul. 11, 2008

• I run a daycare out of my home, and I recommend to all parents to check out and take a tour of the daycares that they are seeking to put their children in. If you feel comfortable with the setting and the staff, then things should be a go for you to enroll your child.
    taracv

Answer by taracv at 8:27 PM on Jul. 11, 2008

• I don't know about the ones in your area but I have only heared bad things about the one in Fay, AR
    good luck
    Anonymous

• Thank you all soo much! I didnt want to say anything before because I wanted to to see what others thought of it. I know it was along time ago almost 10 years but I did hear bad things about a couple of them in my area. Im big on cleanliness and I know that will be one of the things I will for sure check out. I do have about 5 months before I will put my son in one and I know my husband and I will for sures be looking into different ones and making sure I feel comfortalbe with them. Thanks again!
    MommyAmbie

Answer by MommyAmbie at 12:57 AM on Jul. 12, 2008