How do I get my four month old son out of the swaddler?

Mason would sleep 9-11 hours when he is swaddled. However, he has been busting out of it. So, on Tuesday night, I got rid of the swaddler. Now he wakes up every 20 minutes! What do I do? I tried the one arm in the swaddler, just swaddling the legs, and the sleep sack. Help!

masonsmom116

Asked by masonsmom116 at 12:42 PM on May. 22, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• keep him swaddled
    Zakysmommy

Answer by Zakysmommy at 12:43 PM on May. 22, 2011

• My son was like that. I bought a bigger swaddler. He eventually outgrew the 'need' for it.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 12:44 PM on May. 22, 2011

• I am afraid that he might roll over.??? I read of possibly swaddling him in a receiving blanket, so it isn't as tight.
    masonsmom116

Comment by masonsmom116 (original poster) at 12:51 PM on May. 22, 2011

• Why are you afraid of him rolling over? When he can roll over, he will roll over, swaddler or not. I bought the kind that had the velcro on it and it stayed on him, even when he rolled over. That way it wouldn't get over his head at all.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 1:05 PM on May. 22, 2011