If you were suddenly rich, what would you still refuse to spend money on?

I think we would still live quite frugally, just because no matter how much money you have, to me I still wouldn't want to feel wasteful.

We are getting ready to move this summer and my sister made the comment that I should play the lottery so we wouldn't have to do all the grunt work ourselves. To me, I would still find it crazy to blow money on things we are perfectly capable of doing ourselves (i.e. packing and moving, painting, demo work, etc).

Mom-2-3-Girlz

Asked by Mom-2-3-Girlz at 12:53 PM on May. 22, 2011 in Money & Work

• Anything I couldn't do for myself lol but I sure as hell won't be shopping at wal-mart anymore. j/k
    SMITxsM2

Answer by SMITxsM2 at 12:56 PM on May. 22, 2011

• I would not waste money hiring people to cut my lawn! I would still do all the outside work myself!
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 12:58 PM on May. 22, 2011

• Honestly, if I came into money, I would definitely use some of the money for services that I am completely capable of doing. Having someone else do those things would mean more time to spend with my family. However, I still would not buy designer clothes. Just a waste of money in my opinion. I would buy higher quality clothes than the ones I do now, but not designer clothes/purses, etc.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 1:06 PM on May. 22, 2011

• tanning- the sun is free and if I get to quit work I think I could find time to lay out somewhere
    Liberty979

Answer by Liberty979 at 1:07 PM on May. 22, 2011

• I would not waste money on a big house. I like the small home we have now. We use every bit of it and the bigger homes I would feel lost and since I am not much on having alot of stuff do not feel I would fill it up with stuff and alot of the space would go to waste and I would never want to rent out the unused space
    virginiamama71

Answer by virginiamama71 at 1:08 PM on May. 22, 2011

• I wouldn't buy all the latest fashions and trends. I'm just not into being in the latest trend, and I can't be bothered to do all that shopping...just because I'd be money rich, doesn't make me time rich.
    Dkhilly

Answer by Dkhilly at 1:11 PM on May. 22, 2011

• I would still be buying all our clothes at Walmart and Target! lol...they have cute clothes and they are cheap..more money just means I can buy more of them! LOL
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 1:17 PM on May. 22, 2011

• We wouldn't buy new cars, and a huge home... Those are the 2 things that most people buy when they feel they can afford it, just to turn around and lose the house and the fancy cars.. We don't owe anyone except the mortgage company, and our home costs less than most people that we know that rent. Yes we have to maintain it, but we're building equity, as apposed to those that are throwing rent money out the window. Hubby also maintains our 2 vehicles, and his big truck very well so we have nice things to drive, just not new. So those things wouldn't change... Actually nothing would, we're quite happy living below our means.
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 1:21 PM on May. 22, 2011

• Honestly, my inlaws. My MIL has this "you owe me" attitude already - I would hate to think of how she would be if we were well off. )c:
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 1:34 PM on May. 22, 2011

• I think we would live quite frugally as well. We would want to invest most of it.
    daughteroftruth

Answer by daughteroftruth at 1:39 PM on May. 22, 2011