Painful Contractions at 33 1/2 weeks??? (3rd baby-high risk diabetic)

I can't take the pains anymore. been contracting since week 26. but now it's getting worse. I did NOT have this issue with my 5 yo or my 3 yo. I had GD with my daughter (2nd baby) but not my son (1st baby). This time I am type II diabetic and have been going for non-stress tests twice a week + fluid checks. Had a size check Tuesday and she is 5 lbs 5 oz (87th percentile-a little big). But today (beginning friday) these contractions have become really painful. (not closer together) but painful. scale of 1-10 about an 8. I keep checking for a period (Which is obviously crazy), because they feel like the cramps you get right before you head to the bathroom with a tampon in your hand. However, my cervix is still closed-no effacement. I have never had braxton-hicks like these. Has anyone else???

Wonderland12777

Asked by Wonderland12777 at 1:14 PM on May. 22, 2011 in Pregnancy

• At 30wks i was having BAD period like cramps,so one night they got worse my husband took me to the ER & they said its normal it was braxson hicks,have to contacted your dr about it or call ur hospital & tell them whats going on they,might tell you to go in for a check up..Better safe sry!
    Chelhaidax

Answer by Chelhaidax at 2:07 PM on May. 22, 2011