Favorite spaghetti recipe?

Would you please share yours?

SMITxsM2

Asked by SMITxsM2 at 1:53 PM on May. 22, 2011 in Food & Drink

• LOL That would be hard to do. I never use a recipe and my sauce is never the same. Most of the time I start with a jar of Prego. Then I add diced canned tomatoes with garlic basil and onion and a small can of tomato sauce and a couple of teaspoons sugar. Most of the time I will throw in extra Italian spices. I usually make it a meat sauce or add meat balls, sometimes chopped fresh mushrooms.
    I have even added a small bit of chopped fresh spinach, peppers and onions to it. Just depends on how much time and effort I want to put into it.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 3:34 PM on May. 22, 2011

• That helped a lot. I think I'm going to saute the mushrooms, onions, green peppers with the ground beef. Basil good,chunks tomatoes alright. Im good to go thanks!
    SMITxsM2

Comment by SMITxsM2 (original poster) at 4:49 PM on May. 22, 2011

• Pasta with Finger-Licking Peanut Sauce
    1/2 cup low or no sodium vegetable broth
    1/4 cup chunky peanut butter (I use smooth)
    1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
    3 tablespoons brown sugar
    2 tablespoons rice vinegar
    2 teaspoons grated peeled fresh ginger
    2 teaspoons chile paste with garlic (add to taste, it is pretty spicey)
    4 garlic cloves, minced
    8 ounces uncooked whole wheat angel hair
    1 pound firm tofu, drained and cubed (optional)
    1 cup (2-inch) sliced green onions
    1 cup shredded carrot
    Combine first 8 ingredients in a small saucepan. Cook over medium heat 5 minutes or until smooth, stirring frequently (this can also be done in the microwave; use a tempered glass bowl, like pyrex, cook for 20 seconds, stir, repeat until smooth). Remove from heat. Cook pasta in boiling water 8 minutes, omitting salt and fat. Add tofu, onions, and carrot; drain. Place pasta mixture in a large bowl. Add peanut butter mixture; toss g

Answer by rkoloms at 8:26 PM on May. 22, 2011

• Are you serious. Does it taste like Thai food maybe? Would it taste good with meat instead of tofu? Lol I'm curious.
    SMITxsM2

Comment by SMITxsM2 (original poster) at 8:35 PM on May. 22, 2011