Did you have premature baby/babies,How early did u have them & handle it? Tell me your story!

My name is chelsy, i have 2 beautiful kids..A 2 yr old girl( haidyn) & 1mth boy (dax), i had then both early! I had haidyn at 29wks she stayed in icu for almost 2 mth that was the hardest thing ever to leave my baby, then i had dax at 34wks he stayed in icu for 2wks i was already kinda use to having haidyn in icu e so when he was in there it wasnt as bad but it still hurt...

Chelhaidax

Asked by Chelhaidax at 2:14 PM on May. 22, 2011 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I had my daughter at 35 wks. I had been in a car wreck,and that's what caused the premature labor. Where we lived, the hospital had no NICU, so she was transferred to a hospital 35 miles away,and I'd had an emergency c-section, so for the 1st 5 days of her life, I wasn't with her,and that was the hardest 5 days, ever, in my entire life! I cried the whole time. My ex-hubby would bring me pics of her, and her doctors called me everyday, but I wasn't THERE! I was released from the hospital on Sunday evening, and ex took me see her the next morning. If I would have had to crawl up the side of the building like Spiderman, I was gonna get to her! Once I was able to stay with her, she began to turn the corner. My stitches came out that afternoon,and the next day, I began driving myself, we had a 5 speed car, and I wasn't supposed to drive, but I didn't care.
    cbk_mom3

Answer by cbk_mom3 at 2:19 PM on May. 22, 2011

• My youngest was born two weeks premature. SHe was tiny but it just took alot of feeding and snuggling and now she's a chunky healthy baby! :)
    Imogine

Answer by Imogine at 2:25 PM on May. 22, 2011

• My DD was born 3 months premature (at 28 weeks gestation); weighed 2 lbs. 2 oz. Was expected to stay in the NICU for 12 weeks but was able to come home after 6.  Hubby, son, and I visited every day, though when I think back, it almost doesn't seem real, more like a dream.  It was difficult because of all the worry - we were told to prepare for the worst as far as her outcome but she defied all the odds.  She turns 11 next week and has had no lasting effects.  She's a straight-A student, is active in sports, plays the viola, and is in general, an all-around amazing kid.  Truly my miracle baby!

FootballMom85

Answer by FootballMom85 at 3:44 PM on May. 22, 2011

• ry to hear that, yes it is the hardest thing ever..i had to drive 45mins everyday to go see both times when my kids were in icu bc i was breastfeeding..I cried everyday like you it feels like a piece of u is missing! Is she still in icu? & how much she weighed

Comment by Chelhaidax (original poster) an hour ago

Thanks. No, she's fine. She is actually 24 now,and the mom of my 2 beautiful granddaughters. She weighed 5 lb 4 oz at birth,and when we brought her home 12 days later, she weighed 5 lbs, had dropped down to 4lb 11 oz,then came back up to where we could take her home.
    cbk_mom3

Answer by cbk_mom3 at 4:00 PM on May. 22, 2011

• My son was born preemie at 32 weeks. He weighed 4 lbs 1 oz. I was at home with my ex and went to the bathroom to find my water had broke. We went to the hospital and all I remember saying was 'I'm so scared"...pushed once and he was out. I didn't get to see him right away and he stayed in the NICU for 2 weeks. I would pump and take him the milk but eventually I stopped producing. My son is now almost 10 (in 8 days) and he is huge!!! They definitely say that preemies grow up to be big kids, and I believe it! I'm now pregnant with baby # 3 and am hoping to go full term. So far doc sees no reason to put me on meds to avoid pre-term labor. YAY!

justme782

Answer by justme782 at 5:10 PM on May. 22, 2011

• Forgot to add, she was in the NICU for 12 days.
    cbk_mom3

Answer by cbk_mom3 at 2:20 PM on May. 22, 2011

• sry to hear that, yes it is the hardest thing ever..i had to drive 45mins everyday to go see both times when my kids were in icu bc i was breastfeeding..I cried everyday like you it feels like a piece of u is missing! Is she still in icu? & how much she weighed
    Chelhaidax

Comment by Chelhaidax (original poster) at 2:24 PM on May. 22, 2011

• so glad to hear she is good & healthy! they say the preemie babys or the ones who turn out to be the biggest lol
    Chelhaidax

Comment by Chelhaidax (original poster) at 2:27 PM on May. 22, 2011

• I had my twins at 33 weeks. They spent 3 weeks in the NICU, it sucked, but I knew they needed to be there.
    fallnangel93

Answer by fallnangel93 at 2:33 PM on May. 22, 2011

• my twins were born at 35 weeks. tyler was there for 10 days and taden was there for 3 weeks. it was really hard to leave when i was discharged after a week. it was even harder to leave taden after ty came home because it was harder to go see him and spend a lot of time with him because my parents had to sit in the waiting room with tyler and then we would switch so we all got to see him. it was so so hard but worth it because i now have two very healthy 20 month olds c:
    ElsaSalsaaa

Answer by ElsaSalsaaa at 3:20 PM on May. 22, 2011