Suddenly changed my mind about getting married...

I have been with my SO since we were 15, I'm 28 now and we have a 15 wk old DD. I never really wanted to be married before, but after having our baby I have totally changed my mind. I know my SO loves me. I want him to ask me, how do I tell him I changed my mind?

LarissasMamas

Asked by LarissasMamas at 2:18 PM on May. 22, 2011 in Relationships

• Ask him.
    Audrice1985

Answer by Audrice1985 at 2:21 PM on May. 22, 2011

• Tell him exactly what you told us, it is a woman's prerogative for her to change her mind.

Answer by older at 2:22 PM on May. 22, 2011

• Has he shown an interest in wanted to be married?? If so I agree with the first poster, why not ask him? You have been together longer than a lot of married couples.
    bcauseimthemom

Answer by bcauseimthemom at 2:38 PM on May. 22, 2011

• Well you have been with him for awhile so just ask him if he is ready to complete the family by getting married and make your lives complete....see what he says and if he isn't ready, respect it and if you want to then give it time and maybe he will come around...Marriage is the best for a family especially if you have children.
    I don't beleive in shacking up for long periods of time because he will get comfortable and want to stay that way and then if he wants to leave he can. Don't let anyone use you that way....
    dusty1962

Answer by dusty1962 at 8:26 PM on May. 22, 2011

• We have only been living together since just before we got pregnant.
    He is more traditional than I am and I know he would do anything for our family, I guess I'm just
    Nervous. I am pretty sure he caught me watching wedding shows on Sunday and I never used to watch them lol
    So maybe I will just hint until I get the guts to just talk to him about it.
    Can u propose to someone to propose to you? Ha ha ha "will you ask me to marry you?" :o)
    LarissasMamas

Comment by LarissasMamas (original poster) at 12:35 PM on May. 24, 2011