New to forum.......Son and his underwear choice?

Hello! I'm new to this whole cafemom web site so please bear with me. My college age son just came home after a semester in college up north and brought his laundry with him. Being the stay at home mother that Iam, I decided to take it upon myself to wash his clothes. In going through his laundry basket, I noticed that he had bought some new underwear. They looked like women's bikinis and I am worried that of why he would switch. I had just bought him some hanes colored briefs at the beginning of the year. He told me they were jockey bikini briefs. Does anyone else out there have a college or teen son who wears bikini briefs? Should I be worried or am I overreacting? Thanks.

pjackson01

Asked by pjackson01 at 2:22 PM on May. 22, 2011 in Adult Children (18+)

• my husbands 23 almost 24 and wears those i think your overreacting there just underwear and as his mother it shouldnt matter what kinda he choices to wear at his age!
    myboysRmyhero

Answer by myboysRmyhero at 2:25 PM on May. 22, 2011

• I think your over reacting but, you can mention to him that those kind of undies could cause him to have a low sperm count.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 2:28 PM on May. 22, 2011

• LOL I thought you meant he really had womens bikinis. My dh has always worn Jockey. He did wear the elance bikinis for years but now he wears the low cut briefs. Just doesn't have the bikini bocy anymore. LOL
    My kids never did wear Jockey. Mostly the A&F or Hollister boxers
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 2:29 PM on May. 22, 2011

• I just asked a guy that likes to wear the bikinis and wants to remain anonymous about it,
    He says that the bikinis give more support, that in the case of briefs: "when I stand up my balls stick to my leg" they don't do that when you wear bikinis.

lots of guys wear stuff like that.
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 2:30 PM on May. 22, 2011

• Why did I get voted down? Some "ladies" need to get their panties out of a wad.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 2:36 PM on May. 22, 2011

• I would be worried that you are concerned with your adult child's underwear choice.
    bcauseimthemom

Answer by bcauseimthemom at 2:37 PM on May. 22, 2011

• I'm trying to figure out WHY and WHAT you would be worried about. But yeah, I have to go with the over-reacting part.

SpiritedWitch

Answer by SpiritedWitch at 2:48 PM on May. 22, 2011

• The only reason why I'm worried is the fact that I had just bought him some new hanes briefs at the beginning of the year and he said they were fine. I just wondered if it's bizarre if my son would prefer the bikini type. My husband wears boxers and my other son tommy briefs. Maybe I am overreacting but just wondered if anyone else has a son that likes that kind.
    pjackson01

Comment by pjackson01 (original poster) at 2:50 PM on May. 22, 2011

• I haven't heard of that style of underoos for men. Is it something new? Maybe they belong to a girl and they accidentally got mixed in there lol. Idk, if he finds them comfy, what's the harm?
    mrsziemann

Answer by mrsziemann at 2:51 PM on May. 22, 2011

• My sons underwear do not look like underoos. They are of the bikini style and appear to be low cut. He also brought home the box they were purchased in and those were in his laundry basket with his other briefs.
    pjackson01

Comment by pjackson01 (original poster) at 2:58 PM on May. 22, 2011