Will an early ultrasound determine how far along you are?

I cannot for the life of me remember which day was the first of my last P. So I am getting an ultrasound tomorrow morning and I forgot to ask them if they would be able to tell exactly how far along I am. Will they know after they see the baby? From the info I gave them they think I am about 7 weeks now.

LT70

Asked by LT70 at 2:32 PM on May. 22, 2011 in Pregnancy

• They should have a pretty good estimate from the measurements from the ultrasound, yes.
    BUTTERCUP777

Answer by BUTTERCUP777 at 2:39 PM on May. 22, 2011

• yes, they can tell how far along you are by ultrasound
    Mrs.Oakley

Answer by Mrs.Oakley at 2:56 PM on May. 22, 2011

• yes they can tell , good luck mama
    ashes27165

Answer by ashes27165 at 4:41 PM on May. 22, 2011

• yes the ultrasound will be able to tell how far along you are i have to go for one to see how far along i am because i got the depo shot in december and then i bled 3 months with it then i went back on march 9th and got puton birth control pills and then in april i bled 3 days then this month i bled less than 24 hours so i knew i was pregnant but i havent had a regular cycle so i couldnt give them a date of my lmp so they are sending me for an ultrasound they said its very early and i have 2 wait 2 weeks because they dont want to expose the baby to any unnecessary ultrasound waves this early
    lovebunny82709

Answer by lovebunny82709 at 4:42 PM on May. 22, 2011

• You can get a pretty accurate due date if done between 10-12 weeks.
    lilmommy10805

Answer by lilmommy10805 at 6:04 PM on May. 22, 2011