I want to slip him a downer....should I?

My bf is depressed and refuses to help himself: talk to the doctor about it, etc. I can only lead him to water, can't make him drink it. So, should I slip him some of my anti-depressants? jk But what more can I do? He is driving me up a WALL!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:52 PM on Dec. 7, 2008 in Health

• You have your hands full with a bipolar daughter... you don't need to be dealing with him on top of it... not worth it
    cat1622

Answer by cat1622 at 9:53 PM on Dec. 7, 2008

• leave he is just a boyfriend must not be that much good. id slip him on otherwise what you going to give him what kind? lets see if the side effects are bad
    Anonymous

• I take zoloft and lorazapam. I asked him for support today when I found out my 12 yr old who is bipolar was playing with my knife trying to cut herself and he responds by stomping around the house and saying "I should kill myself"! Right now I hate him.
    Anonymous

• No, DO NOT slip him medication.

If you thinnk he's a danger to himself or others, call 911.

Answer by gdiamante at 9:09 PM on Dec. 7, 2008

• Well that depends. Are you gonna continue to slip it to him for a month because that is about how long most antidepressants take to really work.
    Anonymous

• Antidepressants don't work overnight. It takes weeks for them to reach a therapeutic level. And even then, they don't automatically make a person happy. Part is meds, the rest if therapy.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:47 AM on Dec. 8, 2008

• i would take care of my daugther & myself try to find a group where you can take your daugther & yourself for advice also support. the boyfriend can get his own help if he wants it ,bipolar is very hard on the person and also the family so i beg you to get help for yourself so you can take care of your daugther.my prayers are with you!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:42 AM on Dec. 8, 2008

• Thanks everyone for the support. I no longer HAVE a bf now, he broke up with me b/c I was taking care of my dd and not him. So, I will not even giva shit about him. He's known all along it is my kids who come first.
    Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 9:07 AM on Dec. 8, 2008