When did you know your marriage wasn't going to work out?

I've been married for eight years. The first few years were hard but we worked through it. THe last four we have been constantly fighting and threatening for a divorce. I really feel it's time to call it quits. I'm tired of fighting and I'm tired of hurting him and I'm tired of not being the wife I should be to him.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:37 PM on May. 22, 2011 in Relationships

• is he the husband you want him to be for you? sometimes you cant blame the marriage not working out all on yourself...im going though the same thing in my marriage but its only been a year! but our problem is more of his fault and not acting like a husband!
    Mrs.Oakley

Answer by Mrs.Oakley at 2:40 PM on May. 22, 2011

• Somewhere between his hiding his drugs under my baby's car seat and him staying out all night with his 15 yr old girlfriend when he was supposed to be at work but told his boss our new baby was in the hospital with complications.

I know it is not easy. But when no one is happy or working on being happy everyone is miserable.
    treynlisa

Answer by treynlisa at 2:42 PM on May. 22, 2011

• A very hard answer since going through a divorce right now. We just grow apart. Ask your self if you love him or not? can you live life with or without him? happy or not? Only you know the answer to that question. If need someone to talk to you can email anytime and I will try to help. Hang in there and really look into your heart and the future to see what you think you should do. Do not stay misable is can do something about it. Agree?
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 3:02 PM on May. 22, 2011

• In my first, it came down to him getting his 2nd DUI. I got tired of raising a kid.

My second...once I found out he cheated and didn't feel remorseful, only sorry he got caught. Then he kept threatening divorce. It was a ploy to try to keep me in line.

If you or he are threatening it, then neither of you want the marriage to work, you only want to control by playing the "D" card.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 3:07 PM on May. 22, 2011

• mine stays out all night also and he says he is just drinking with his friends and then he puts on me that its sad he cant hang out with his boys and i told him there's a difference than hanging out with his friends than coming home at 7am! im planning to leave and stay somewhere for a week or two to let him know i am not playing about leaving but it is true if neither one of you is happy you either need communication or no one is ever going to be happy or work out if you love each other and really want to be with one another than you will do every thing you can to save your marriage including therapy if you have to but it takes two to want to make it work! if its only one of you trying then most the time you get right back to where you started been there done that...
    Mrs.Oakley

Answer by Mrs.Oakley at 3:11 PM on May. 22, 2011

• my ex husband was like another child,wouldnt let me do a damn thing and if i do go out he would cry like a lil baby,i wasted my money on him,5yrs,was dne the only good thing that came out of it was are daughter whos 3 im with a wonderful man now,we have a son whos 4 mons old,we both take care of my daughter full time her father is 35,lives with his mom inanother state now,has no job
    lilmama406

Answer by lilmama406 at 3:45 PM on May. 22, 2011

• Well if you feel that way then it is time to go especially if the fighting is continueing and all the time its not healthy...You both deserve to be happy and being apart may be what you need.
    Life is to short to be unhappy because you just don't know when your going to leave this world. If talking hasn't worked over the years then it's time to part ways. It's hard because you love him but you deserve to have a little happiness.
    dusty1962

Answer by dusty1962 at 8:24 PM on May. 22, 2011