Went to a bday party with my 3yr old yesterday. and Honestly

i let him eat as much cake and candy as he wanted.. Even not eating lunch. but normally we dont eat candy, cake or go to bday parties.. i just wanted to enjoy the day no fights.. would have u thought i was a bad mom bc i just let my son do what he wanted bc it was a special day

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:37 PM on May. 22, 2011 in General Parenting

• I would have done the same.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 2:39 PM on May. 22, 2011

• I do the same. Its a treat for them especially if its not an every day or even every week thing.
    aheuszel

Answer by aheuszel at 2:41 PM on May. 22, 2011

• Eh, we went to a barbecue last night (no special reason, just a big get-together) and I didn't care what my kids ate, just as long as they ate ;)
    Anonymous

• was he screaming, running around the place like a bat outta hell, and no discipline? or being a nice kid just eating more cake than normal? if it was #1, i'd never invite him to a birthday party lol. if it was #2 he was just being a kid...no harm done.

i myself limit my kids birthday cake and candy, even at birthday parties. especially in the month of March, when we have a birthday party invitation every weekend :)
    armywife43

Answer by armywife43 at 2:48 PM on May. 22, 2011

• he would have screamed if i said NO candy.. so i didnt bother going there.. he was beyond happy bc he didnt hear the word no.. i didnt want to make scene. and this is only the 2nd bday party he has been to in 3 and half yrs..
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:50 PM on May. 22, 2011

• nope, i let my kids splurge at special events too. today i took my 4 year old to her first big screen movie (Rio) and had planned to take her to lunch after, but she ate almost an entire small popcorn and half a bag of Sour Patch Kids. she sat through the movie and watched it with no problem, and then fell asleep on the way home. we had a great afternoon together just the two of us, i wasn't going to stress either of us out by setting up rules and crap. that's everyday around here, so once in a while it's wonderful to break free of that stuff.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 2:54 PM on May. 22, 2011

• When i take my kids to a party or when they have a party i let them eat junk food as much as they want and cake.. they snack on chips and other stuff too.. but its ok once in a while. Your making ur child HAPPY. thats what we are meant for. there are times when eating candy and cake isnt ok but when all the other kids are having fun and doing it, its not right to tell ur kid no
    chrstny88

Answer by chrstny88 at 2:54 PM on May. 22, 2011

• I would have done the same thing those are the special times where there are less rules then usual and what is one day going to hurt just be sure the teeth get brushed :)
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 2:54 PM on May. 22, 2011

• ha ha we brushed his teeth twice before bed time..:)
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:56 PM on May. 22, 2011

• you gotta let loose sometimes! youre not a bad mom for that. i would do the same!
    ElsaSalsaaa

Answer by ElsaSalsaaa at 3:17 PM on May. 22, 2011