If your a sahm how much does your spouse help around the house

?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:41 PM on May. 22, 2011 in Relationships

• He loves to cook on his off days :)
    aheuszel

Answer by aheuszel at 2:42 PM on May. 22, 2011

• He does on his day off. And if I have had a bad day then he is always willing to help when he gets home but if he has worked that day then I don't want him to help cause I feel like its my job.
    Brandi300

Answer by Brandi300 at 2:46 PM on May. 22, 2011

• My husband travels alot but when he is home he helps out with the kids (changing diapers, getting them ready for bed, etc.), he takes our the garbage, walks the dog and will do grocery type errands. He will help out with other things as needed but I need to tell him to do it. He definately wont take the initiative on his own :)
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 2:49 PM on May. 22, 2011

• Hardly at all..but he works 80 hour weeks so I really don't expect him to do anything around the house...just clean up after himself a little bit...anything else he does is extra and a bonus lol
    Lucky209

Answer by Lucky209 at 2:53 PM on May. 22, 2011

• mine does nothing since he works and I stay at home.
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 2:59 PM on May. 22, 2011

• only when I yell does he help.We have a 5 year old and a 3 year old. I have been laid off since january and I am 34 weeks pregnant now and on bedrest. He works a full time job fri sat and sun and m-f a part time job at night. (so he is home m-th all day long). However...unless I flip out and yell, he plays with his cell phone all day long. He leaves his dirty clothes all over and I have to keep picking them up. Basically if I was to actually stay in the bed all day (like I am supposed to do) my house would be so disgusting that it would actually become unliveable. We've argued a lot about it, but he doesn't care. I actually ended up in preterm labor one night...but he still doesn't care. oh well. I try to be considerate knowing he is working and I am not, but I am not allowed to do a whole lot. If I weren't pregnant, it would nt phase me. I would do everything-because I WANT to. But I can't.
    Wonderland12777

Answer by Wonderland12777 at 2:59 PM on May. 22, 2011

• My hubby works 13 to 14 hrs a day. I try to have everything done by the time he gets home. Only thing I ask is to take trash out and clean up after his self(put clothes up and put dishes in the sink).
    babygirl0782

Answer by babygirl0782 at 3:08 PM on May. 22, 2011

• I make it a point to not ask him to do much so that when I *do* ask for help I can expect him to do what I ask. He takes the trash out and deals with the litter box (I'm pregnant) on a regular basis. Once in a while if I'm feeling very overwhelmed I'll ask for SPECIFIC help (can you vacuum the floor, will you put these dishes away?) A general: "I need help." doesn't get much accomplished.
    ladykyr

Answer by ladykyr at 3:08 PM on May. 22, 2011

• Mine doesn't do too much but since he works taking care of the house is my job, he'll take out the trash and on his days off he likes to grill which gives me a break from cooking but other than that I try to do what I can to make sure everything else is taken care of.
    husky_grlie08

Answer by husky_grlie08 at 3:14 PM on May. 22, 2011

• Not very much, honestly. It's an ongoing issue for us. We have discussed and divided up the jobs, but somehow dh's just don't get done.
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 3:18 PM on May. 22, 2011